The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

I
Mauve hen.
mauve_hen.jpg
My Platinum Sumatra, this is the most recent picture I have of him. What do you mean by "outer lacing in their background"? The two colors look different to me.
are these you Mauve Hens?
I found these posts way way back. Posted 2012. But these are what you get breeding blue and chocolate. The color is mauve. Now, I know this bird is laced but, is not the columbian gene at work here as well? Her head is still Choc. Or am I confused? Anyone want to chime in here?

Oops on my last post. There was a few pics of Jeremy's mauve hens but they didn't get included in the quote. Probably due to being in a quote back in 2012.

Anyway, yeah, this was what I was thinking when I originally was planning my flock. Problem was, wanting to have lavender too. The genetics would have suddenly become very complicated. Pretty much boils down to me going with the Isabelle/Crele program or a blue/chocolate group and have mauve in the mix. I suppose I Could have 2 pens,.. It is a thought. So would you use a blue too over blue and choc hens to get a mixed blue/mauve hens? Once you have a batch of blue/mauve hens do you occasionally breed the Mauve back to Choc just like you breed the blue back to black to improve type or colour?

Thank you for the great info.. Just wanted to find out witch batam lay's chocolate colored Egg's. Egg color dark brown or chocolate..

Birchen Gene - I am looking on rarebreedauctions.com from time to time and I have seen a sale of chicks that are advertised as being Birchen. Has anyone seen them? Are they true birchen? I hadn't believed that a flock of birchen existed in the US to date.

Back
Top Bottom