The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Black O. are my favorite!
love.gif

Mine is 5 weeks old, I hope it'll look like yours someday!

Regarding the dark spots on the heads of some Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons: I have a very nice-looking flock of lemons and I have just noticed the dark spots on a few of my chicks, too. I have read that smut in the tail feathers is undesirable, so I've been getting rid of any LCO with smut in their tail, but I have not read anything about spots on the heads of chicks yet.

I purchased some very nice chocolate cuckoo roos tonight, the hens that are coming with these guys are really too small for my liking. I do however have a some super nice black hens. Can someone give me a crash course in the color genetics begind chocolate? I would love to use my black hens to get some correct size and shape chocolate cuckoo hens but not sure if its possible? Can you get back to chocolate? Sorry just getting into this so I have a lot to learn!

Last edited:
I purchased some very nice chocolate cuckoo roos tonight, the hens that are coming with these guys are really too small for my liking. I do however have a some super nice black hens. Can someone give me a crash course in the color genetics begind chocolate? I would love to use my black hens to get some correct size and shape chocolate cuckoo hens but not sure if its possible? Can you get back to chocolate? Sorry just getting into this so I have a lot to learn!

A Chocolate Cuckoo male X Black female = Black Cuckoo males (carrying 1 Choc. gene) and Chocolate Cuckoo females.

Back
Top Bottom