The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Well today is the day... YEAH!... My first bred by 3/4 English Hen, Mortisha, hatched in Feb 2011 (5 months old) laid her first pullet egg today... and boy did she make a loud announcement.. lol She is soo proud of herself.
smile.png

Renie'sPeeps :

Well today is the day... YEAH!... My first bred by 3/4 English Hen, Mortisha, hatched in Feb 2011 (5 months old) laid her first pullet egg today... and boy did she make a loud announcement.. lol She is soo proud of herself.
smile.png

Congrats!!​

Renie, congrats on your first egg!

Look what I have right now...
big_smile.png

broody2-1.jpg

Sorry about the crappy picture, I took it with my phone.

Last edited:
Quote:
I LOVE THAT PIC! Nothing like a broody hen to make your day easier. Are you going to let her raise them? I read somewhere that someone had there babies eyes pecked out by their broody hen mother.
Here is the only broody I am letting do her stuff.

She is mother to my Flotilla a 3/4's Russ Milkey line cockerel. And this is an open pen. She could have chosen the coop, but no, the garbage can has something that is too appelaing.

001-29.jpg

OH boy Jeremy.... priceless.. love those babies. I have completed my 2011 hatching season.. concluded with a splash baby
smile.png
All of my bators are cleaned and packed away waiting for next season. I had a great time this yr with all the new babies. I am pretty sure I have about 150 chickens right now. Soo I will be doing some serious culling in the near future.

Congrats on your babies
smile.png

Renie...holy cow! 150!!! You must have a HUGE HUGE coop!?

lol It's a duplex coop.. lol complete with 2 rooved over yards and 3 additional fenced in yards. There aren't enough perches inside the coops right now for every body but many of them perfer not to use them. I still don't want to house that many during the cold NE winters.. umm nope.

Back
Top Bottom