The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Yummy, Chocolate Ameraucanas, we will need another thread for that.
What do the other colors of Eng LF Orps weigh? I know I've always heard that chocolate would make you weigh more, but I doubt it effected the chickens.

My breeders are all under 5 lbs.

There aren't very many LF here. I don't think anyone is currenty selling imported LF chocolates. I know the other big cockerel I got last year is at my business partner's house making LF with her pure english lines. One is here making LF chocolate ameraucanas.

I need to know how you guys do it.... I have 6 jubilee orp eggs, a dozen Breda fowl and 6 cream legbar eggs on my counter. I know the Breda are pure but they are too old to ship and a few are muddy because it was raining and they decided to lay outside. The jubilees and legbars were together and have only been separated almost 2 weeks. I have a full bator and already have 9 Breda doing awesome...so how come I am having a hard time washing these eggs for eating??? I think I am going to lose my mind when I finally get all the breeding pens separated...3 weeks separated should be good right? Those jubilee boys are very busy and I need to put saddles on the girls..

Dr. Keith Bramwell, http://poultryscience.uark.edu/4633.htm stated at our January Incubation Seminar the eggs are fertile by the new male within 48 hours. Set the eggs in your incubator and raise some more. Or donate them to your local 4H club. Either way, don't eat them.

Quote:

Dr. Keith Bramwell, http://poultryscience.uark.edu/4633.htm stated at our January Incubation Seminar the eggs are fertile by the new male within 48 hours. Set the eggs in your incubator and raise some more. Or donate them to your local 4H club. Either way, don't eat them.

WOW!! That information is much appreciated here! I too thought it was 2-3 weeks.
Excellent information, thank you for sharing that
thumbsup.gif

Now can someone tell me what internet video site (cheap) can handle a 2 hour incubation seminar? We are unable to "sell" the seminar, but can post it on line and/or send a DVD copy. Anyone wanting a DVD just send a new DVD to me with return postage and I will be happy to mail you one.

Jeremy I PM'd you :)

Any one near Sacramento have shipping boxes I can buy? My box shipper didn't send them to me in time and I've promised birds to be shipped soon.

Now can someone tell me what internet video site (cheap) can handle a 2 hour incubation seminar? We are unable to "sell" the seminar, but can post it on line and/or send a DVD copy. Anyone wanting a DVD just send a new DVD to me with return postage and I will be happy to mail you one.

Hey, would it be possible to just paypal you for the DVD and return postage instead of sending you a DVD or is that too much of a hassle? I would love
love.gif
to have 2 copies and will gladly paypal you the funds to cover both if you have the DVD's to use. Thanks so much for offering that.

I need to know how you guys do it.... I have 6 jubilee orp eggs, a dozen Breda fowl and 6 cream legbar eggs on my counter. I know the Breda are pure but they are too old to ship and a few are muddy because it was raining and they decided to lay outside. The jubilees and legbars were together and have only been separated almost 2 weeks. I have a full bator and already have 9 Breda doing awesome...so how come I am having a hard time washing these eggs for eating??? I think I am going to lose my mind when I finally get all the breeding pens separated...3 weeks separated should be good right? Those jubilee boys are very busy and I need to put saddles on the girls..

From my personal experience, yes, wait a couple weeks.

Here is a article someone posted over at the ABC:

http://news.discovery.com/animals/hens-eject-sperm-110907.html

Been moving chickens around this morning. I am going to get some new photos possibly this afternonn.

Ok, I've been out 'snapping the shutter' again and had to share.....I know one of the pics is not an English orp but they happened to be in the general vicinity and distracted us for a moment......
big_smile.png

Someone else was feeling spring in the air.......They are just playing
smile.png
a father and his son.
(Actually the are Scottish though...
gig.gif
)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom