The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Here is a very large black hen. She doesn't have a great tail but her size makes her a keeper. Bred to the right male she produces very large offspring
100_9535.jpg
Hunt up that black K, and put them in a honeymoon suite.Black Orps can't afford to loose those genes.All that "mean Green", and wonderful wings, oh my!

Just wanted to post a few pics of Mrs. Buttersworth. She is right at 6 months now. Sorry Im not very good at pics and lighting is horrible. I took these this eve at dusk right b4 she went to roost.

I love her big poofy butt. Its crazy how much they change in just a month . The pics below r also Mrs. Buttersworth at 5 months so it was kinda supriseing how well she is filling out

Julie, I loved Neville just like I love our dog. He was one of the most friendly chickens I've ever raised. He didn't have a mean bone in his entire body and was a wonderful flock leader. He always took care of his girls. I'm still very grateful to you for him. He did mature into a nice boy, didn't he?
smile.png

My friend Luke who lives a few hours away has a large flock directly from Neville, so I have access to some of his offspring. I'll ask him for some pictures the next time we talk.

Next spring I would still love to get some chicks again from you, from that handsome Blue rooster of yours. We are spending most of the month of December, including Christmas, in Europe this year so I wasn't really going to be set up to brood chicks over the winter. I'll just be patient until next spring and start again.
Jeremy, That's not by any chance Luke Vaughn who moved out there from New Hampshire a number of years ago is it? He had Scottish Blackface sheep and some Hyacinth pigeons though if it's him no idea what he's been up to lately.

Just wanted to post a few pics of Mrs. Buttersworth. She is right at 6 months now. Sorry Im not very good at pics and lighting is horrible. I took these this eve at dusk right b4 she went to roost.

I love her big poofy butt. Its crazy how much they change in just a month . The pics below r also Mrs. Buttersworth at 5 months so it was kinda supriseing how well she is filling out

What a lovely girl!

Very nice pullet

I took a few pics , tried to freeze frame to catch a decent pic, but this camera is a cheapie..Maybe next year I will get a better one, worth it since I take so many pics.I just cannot get over how wide these english babies are..its more like a turkey..I ripped that plastic the other day moving a cage..have a day off work so clearing that area for winter , getting ready to winterize everything. it is very cool today, the orpingtons seem impervious to the cold..they are out flying around the pasture this morning.

blurry freeze frame..i will get the hang of this. A Walt 101 lesson on how to capture a better picture of the birds actual shape..film and freeze frame..the birds move fast so tends to blurr.. a little better camera should make this better, and better photographer.

the blue in the background, he is going to be a huge bird.

I took a few pics , tried to freeze frame to catch a decent pic, but this camera is a cheapie..Maybe next year I will get a better one, worth it since I take so many pics.I just cannot get over how wide these english babies are..its more like a turkey..I ripped that plastic the other day moving a cage..have a day off work so clearing that area for winter , getting ready to winterize everything. it is very cool today, the orpingtons seem impervious to the cold..they are out flying around the pasture this morning.

blurry freeze frame..i will get the hang of this. A Walt 101 lesson on how to capture a better picture of the birds actual shape..film and freeze frame..the birds move fast so tends to blurr.. a little better camera should make this better, and better photographer.

Looks like they will be some nice boys

the blue in the background, he is going to be a huge bird.

Back
Top Bottom