The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

I will have a cockerel that will be lonely. Do any of you know of anyone taking pullets, of any variety for sale, to a show in FL, GA, AL, or TN? Please let me know.

Thanks, Dee

I'll let Vickie share her wisdom and correct me if I've left something out. Exercise, fresh water daily, quality feed, and Calf Manna. Too simple to be believable, but true.

I've added the fresh mealworms that I offer them once a week or so. But that is just so I see them acting silly over them.
Experinced breeders know what you have been lucky enough to latch on to from the get go. Conditioning is a matter of simple basics and no hocus pocus or magic formulas. These birds are beautifully raised and just plain beautiful. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Experinced breeders know what you have been lucky enough to latch on to from the get go. Conditioning is a matter of simple basics and no hocus pocus or magic formulas. These birds are beautifully raised and just plain beautiful. Thanks for sharing with all of us.
Wow. that means a lot to me. Thank you.

boo boo the english Orp, sorry about the poor photo quality..He hears a hawk..funny they know the difference in bird calls and act accordingly, they all ran to the barn..I think Blue Jays can sound a lot like hawks but they seem to know the difference. We had to use some cinder blocks to make sure things didnt fly away in the noreaster..

Baby feathers falling off everywhere...He is built for this cold weather like a wooley mammoth..he doesnt seem bothered in the least..out flying around the yard this morning..

Boos freind Cole.....Cole doesnt have enough of his own feathers to preen, he helps boo boo out with his too..I often catch him preening neck and head feathers on other birds..

It was cold out so Changed waters, fed and back inside..

boo boo the english Orp, sorry about the poor photo quality..He hears a hawk..funny they know the difference in bird calls and act accordingly, they all ran to the barn..I think Blue Jays can sound a lot like hawks but they seem to know the difference. We had to use some cinder blocks to make sure things didnt fly away in the noreaster..

Baby feathers falling off everywhere...He is built for this cold weather like a wooley mammoth..he doesnt seem bothered in the least..out flying around the yard this morning..

Boos freind Cole.....Cole doesnt have enough of his own feathers to preen, he helps boo boo out with his too..I often catch him preening neck and head feathers on other birds..

It was cold out so Changed waters, fed and back inside..

Cole is gorgeous back infeather!! Boo and Max are on the same growth pattern I think. Lots of feathers going every which way!

Thank you miss Vickie..Max is going to be a stunner when hes finished with the growing and feathering..It will be interesting to see how Boo boo finishs up..I like his big round eye balls...the wooley mammoths
big_smile.png

.Cole is such a vibrant bird..his red comb is so red it hurts your eyes..should have called him rudolf , pull santas sleigh with that thing.. when they are up in the orchard, they blend in often with tree shadows ect..you can always spot them by Coles red comb, the beacon..... .. The boo man is slow developing you can see shine coming in there but every time the wind blows, about 10 feathers blow off like leaves on the trees..Its fun to watch these english grow and change, its like slow motion compared to the blks..one wing has perfect adult feathers on all lined up as they should...they other wing is still working on it..another good wind should fix it...hee hee..the end result is a big beautiful swan..until molt

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom