The Incubator Thread

Hi everyone, this is my first hatch I made a homemade incubator to hatch my 4 duck eggs I am at day 15 and all eggs are moving inside and doing great total cost to make was $20 dollars seems to do the job! I also am hatching chicken eggs and a store-bought incubator that I paid $100 for. I like the homemade incubator better I posted some pictures feel free to leave a comment and I'll keep you posted as to when my ducks will hatch! I just put in my chicken eggs today so we will see how that goes

Hi everyone, this is my first hatch I made a homemade incubator to hatch my 4 duck eggs I am at day 15 and all eggs are moving inside and doing great total cost to make was $20 dollars seems to do the job! I also am hatching chicken eggs and a store-bought incubator that I paid $100 for. I like the homemade incubator better I posted some pictures feel free to leave a comment and I'll keep you posted as to when my ducks will hatch! I just put in my chicken eggs today so we will see how that goes .

Looks like a lot of moisture for the duck eggs, but if your air cells look good and they are moving good, then I guess its working. Are the air cells growing like they should?

Good luck with the chickens too! Keep us posted.

The humidity jumps from 40 - 50 % the air cells look good I have been comparing them to the chart I found online and lots of movement going on in the eggs. I typically don't have moisture on my window only when I spray them! I have read online the humidity should be 50- 55% ?

That's a good chart as far as development inside the egg, but I think they kinda missed the air cell changes!. Those pics stay pretty much the same until day 24, when actually they should be growing all along.

I also never sprayed my duck eggs, but have heard of it being done. Your process could be fine! But by day 15 you should see a good slope to the air cell. If not, you have too high humidity.

That's a good chart as far as development inside the egg, but I think they kinda missed the air cell changes!. Those pics stay pretty much the same until day 24, when actually they should be growing all along. I also never sprayed my duck eggs, but have heard of it being done. Your process could be fine! But by day 15 you should see a good slope to the air cell. If not, you have too high humidity.
Thanks so much I am new at this so not sure I will post a picture! Any advice would be great! If there is an issue with the air cell is there still a chance for them? If I fix the problem if that's that's case?

What do you think of the air cell? At day 16?

If that's a chicken egg, I'd shoot for just a touch higher humidity next time. And the embryo size looks a little on the small side for day 16, at least to me. What temps have you been running?

If it's a duck egg, then the air cell looks too big for the timeline, but the embryo size looks about right.

Back
Top Bottom