The Incubator Thread

I need help with picking my first incubator - I would like to hatch 15-20 or so eggs and would like to spend around $200. I know I want one with a egg tuner. Thanks

I need help with picking my first incubator - I would like to hatch 15-20 or so eggs and would like to spend around $200. I know I want one with a egg tuner. Thanks

i dont have a brinsea incubator, but from what people say they are great! although they are quite expenisive! on their website the price for the brinsea octagon, which holds 20 eggs is like $250, but with manual turning its around $200!
but im sure they are other great incubators out there! :)
hope this has helped!

what do you think about the new advanced hovavator. I need a thermostat and turner.
Thanks

I have the hovabator 1588 genesis this is my first time using it and it is awesome. It holds temp and humidity very well. The humidity has stayed steady so far the temp fluctuates from 99.5 to 100.1. No chicks have hatched yet ... I took some eggs from a broody two weeks in so I wasn't quite sure when to put them in lockdown. :fl

If you want to hatch around 20 eggs I would personally suggest the IncuView. It has a built-in egg turner and holds up to 27 chicken size eggs. Our customers have loved it and the temperature holds very steady as it runs on a proportional thermostat. The entire lid is a viewing window so it's great to watch the action on hatching day!

The Brinsea Octogon 20 Manual turner is easy to use and I had great hatch rates. The way the incubator is shaped you just roll the whole thing over. Rocked first one way, then the other. Easy peasy. Definitely worth the cost, but get on their email list, they sometimes have coupons :)

This is the incubator I brought from ebay. It cost just under $100 including postage. It holds 48 chicken sized eggs. I had 38 muscovy eggs in it comfortably.
I have found it to be fantastic. Super roomy for lockdown, holds temp and humidity well and has a removable auto turner.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=291097135669&alt=web

Last edited:
It's only my first hatch and 20 days in but it has been brilliant! No local feed stores or pet supply stores sold incubators here and I was a bit wary about buying from overseas/not locally.
Despite being a knock off i couldn't be happier and the price was great.

I would suggest the hovabator 1588 genesis first hatch today they all hatched perfectly! It holds temp and humidity well. The temp fluctuates a little but that's okay and the turner works well no complaints :D

Back
Top Bottom