The Incubators Thread!!! Come Join And Learn!!!

AustralorpsAU

Songster
May 20, 2016
Down Under
Hi all!

WELCOME TO 'THE INCUBATORS THREAD!!!'

I thought i would make another thread where we can all join in on each others incubating and learn! The Incubating with friends thread is very fast-paced so i thought i would make another thread hoping for a slower pace. I hope you don't mind @Sally Sunshine @BantyChooks

Anybody is welcome to join and ask questions (i am definitely no expert but I'm sure people with knowledge will come and join and i will try my best to answer)

Last edited:
And if anyone wants to be added as a host feel free to ask!

Nice to know this is here AustralorpsAU ..... good onya for starting it.

I have 3 chickens - and not a lot of room for expansion as things are set up at present, but have a list of chickens I would one day like to introduce. On that list are Australorps .... I believe they are docile, friendly and integrate well.

They are also beautiful looking chookies, and have some cross breeding in them ?. Am inclined not to go for pure breds again, except maybe for RIR's - they seem hardy enough.

Cheers ........

Nice to know this is here AustralorpsAU ..... good onya for starting it.

I have 3 chickens - and not a lot of room for expansion as things are set up at present, but have a list of chickens I would one day like to introduce. On that list are Australorps .... I believe they are docile, friendly and integrate well.

They are also beautiful looking chookies, and have some cross breeding in them ?. Am inclined not to go for pure breds again, except maybe for RIR's - they seem hardy enough.

Cheers ........

Yeah i love my lorps! Layed all through winter they did. Not a big fan of being picked up but will happily eat out of your hand and follow you around. If i had raised mine from chicks they would have been more friendly. I bought them at POL!

What breeds do you have?

Are you incubating at the moment?

Ok now i need some advice. I am on day 16 and when i candled on day 14 my air cells were too small so put humidity down to about 20%-30%! Like i said day 16 and they dont really look that much bigger! Do they only really get bigger right before day 18? I just hope my three hatch but have my doubts. This was my first incubation so i know next time to lower my humidity!

Ok now i need some advice. I am on day 16 and when i candled on day 14 my air cells were too small so put humidity down to about 20%-30%! Like i said day 16 and they dont really look that much bigger! Do they only really get bigger right before day 18? I just hope my three hatch but have my doubts. This was my first incubation so i know next time to lower my humidity! 

I am on day 15 with my first egg. My air cell isnt HUGE but it has grown alot. Would it help you if i posted a pic of mine to compare?

I know they are supposed to grow significantly durring lock down. So im sure your safe!
What did you have your humidity at originally?

Last edited:
Looking at other old threads it looks like other people have had success by doing what i am doing so
fl.gif

I am on day 15 with my first egg. My air cell isnt HUGE but it has grown alot. Would it help you if i posted a pic of mine to compare?

I know they are supposed to grow significantly durring lock down. So im sure your safe!
What did you have your humidity at originally?

I dont mind if you posted a pic! It would be helpful! I listened to instructions (never again) and went 55% (silly i realise now)

Back
Top Bottom