The Legbar Thread!

The website said the highest score for my age group was 1520, so 93 may not be all that bad. Did you have them compare your score against others of the same age and sex? GaryDean26 is still the Legbar Colormaster, I scored a 16.
Thank you SO MUCH Dirt Farmer, I was ready to turn in my art brushes and sit in a corner. I did go by age group and gender.

So GaryDean26 our color master and you are next runner up or was there someone who got another low score.

hi all --

finally got some okay photos of my two cream legbars -- the older, 7 week old Amelia, who came from Just Struttin' Farm (Deann Disilva) here in the Bay Area, and the younger, 4-5 week old Speedy, who was shipped here by Richard at Jordan Farm:

two two together -- speedy seems like she'll have a small crest, while amelia doesn't show any sign of one

but amelia has a HUGE tail!

amelia, with very woodsy coloring

speedy seems like she'll have more grey...
What nice photos and what pretty birds. I think that they may surprise you--- seems like they go through a couple of changes on the way to maturity..... and although different paths end up looking pretty uniform. It will be interesting to see....so please keep putting those pictures up.

Thank you SO MUCH Dirt Farmer, I was ready to turn in my art brushes and sit in a corner. I did go by age group and gender.

So GaryDean26 our color master and you are next runner up or was there someone who got another low score.
Wait I'm seeing some really low scores here....you two just have highs for the male gender---those ladies are way down in the single digits. I need to go retake on a better screen - in better light when my eyes aren't so tired. (probably will score higher). I was thinking also that 99 was the worst. :O) -- whew.

I said you two have the highs...but I should have said the 'best', because the lower the better......I will get it right yet.

Last edited:
Hey now, I did say I got 10! That at least puts me in the running?!
wink.png

Rinda

With all these low scores, I'm shaking in my boots, but I'll do it in the morning when all is quiet! I'm very curious now!

Go ahead-my first try was yesterday, when I had a headache. I got 47 yesterday. I decided to try it again (because it's rather fun!) and ended up with 11! I'm glad I took it again!
lol.png

With all these low scores, I'm shaking in my boots, but I'll do it in the morning when all is quiet! I'm very curious now!
I'm the high scorer....but I took it again and brought my score down.....

Advice...take it in the morning or when your eyes aren't tired. Take it on the largest monitor that you can....and.... (is this a cheat to bring up all future takers scores...or did y'all alredy know this? track on the greens or green hues, that is how I brought my score down) - (at least I did that part looking for greenish)... I got 68. I think I will go take it on the dh giant monitor one more time...and make an appointment with the eye Dr. LOL.

It was a fun test...and there is a whole website about color there. What we need is one that has all the blue-egg gene variations...and see where the line is that is blue and which is green. :O) I'm still thinking that C17 is green, but what we mean by blue eggs is that the hen has the blue-egg gene--even if she lays greenish or greenish-blue eggs. I'm absolutely NOT the one to ask about subtle color variations now am I??

ETA, although the monitor doesn't matter, as you said, because the colors are relative...I think perhaps the size of the color square may be easier to see if it is larger. hmmmmm.

Last edited:
My mom took this test and got a horrendous score. She saw the eye doctor and got her cataracts removed -- she'd had no idea they had affected her vision so drastically.

After the surgery, she said colors were so bright they looked almost fluorescent.

Oh yeah, and she did much better on the test. :)

Back
Top Bottom