The 'Lotsa Poop Chicken Coop' ***Poop Drawer Update***

Soooo... what was the end result??? Did it work?????
Sorry,,,I responded, but it ain't showing up here. The poop drawer is right where I left it, and still has the words scribbled in the PDZ. The almost 12 week old birds don't even use the roosting bar. I put a lower bar in and a few use it off and on, but so far the upper bar is a no go. Waiting, waiting, waiting.

Great coop and poop post! I think you will like the coop I will be starting soon. Definitely no level or tape measure needed and it will look like I have used much more than a few of the lights that the miller family uses.

I love your sense of humor and really enjoyed the pics. I'm new to both chicken coop'ing and chickens. Do you have any pictures of the finished coop and also how did your dog get along with your chickens ? I have two beagle/lab mixes who have had full run of the back yard for 3 years and am now worrying about them barking all night. Thanks again for sharing.

I love your sense of humor and really enjoyed the pics. I'm new to both chicken coop'ing and chickens. Do you have any pictures of the finished coop and also how did your dog get along with your chickens ? I have two beagle/lab mixes who have had full run of the back yard for 3 years and am now worrying about them barking all night. Thanks again for sharing.
My lab gets along with everything and everyone. She's a little toooooooo nice. I would bet your dog will be in conflict with itself. The Beagle on one side and Lab on the other. Only time will tell which breed surfaces around chickens.

I posted my coop on the 'Coop' page. There's a finished pic there.

My little chickens don't use their roost bar or poop in their tray either
hmm.png
i loved this thread as well- Lotsa fun!!

Well, ours didn't either, so I put in a lower bar, too. Then my wife explained it all to them with visual aids, and now they go up there no problem. The poop drawer is great!!! I still haven't cleaned the coop floor, but I do scoop out the wayward poops every 3 or so days. We also got rid of 3 roosters, so only 5 birds now. Lots more room up on top, and lots more sleep in the morning!!!

Love it! You did a wonderful job, and keeping the humor really helps when working on a project such as this!

Now do you want to come build one for me when I move to Cali? ;).

Back
Top Bottom