The 'Lotsa Poop Chicken Coop' ***Poop Drawer Update***

You know! If you spent less time rambling on this thread and more time building your coop, you'd have more time for drinking beer!
droolin.gif
Thanks anyway, I think I'll make my wife read this when she's done with her chores. That way she'll understand what I'm about to go through building our poop shack for the little "pecker" she brought home.

You forgot the step of selling an organ on the black market to pay for the supplies.

Kelly in AZ

the one thing that always comes together on my plans a cold beer or a big glass of homemade wine mmmm mmm... ( can't read a tape, can't add, can't subtract figure if I can't see straight atleast it'll come out level
idunno.gif

Well, as in the final words of every losing politision, 'It's time to suspend my campaign',,,er thread. I have nothing left to show ya'll until the old brain comes up with something new.

I mean, I still have the windows and window frames to do, a little more hardware cloth, an oyster shell feeder (thanx to a BYC member for the idea). I also have the automatic waterer to build using PVC and a toilet tank valve (another thanx to a BYC member), and run the electrical out to the Coop,,,,,but you've seen all this stuff. So, I have to devise a poop board system. Sorry, but a plain old board under the roost just won't cut it for me. If the project doesn't require:

a) lot's of thinking
b) crummy engineering
c) at least 3 measurement mistakes (obviously caught and corrected by my wife)
and d) Miller lite

then it's not worth doing!!!! Ya'll have been fun and very complimentary.

I feel like I've graduated gradeschool and I'm leaving all my buddies (sniff, sniff) Don't worry,,,I'll get over it!

I'm working on the engineering aspect right now. Well,,,,,,OK. I'm drinking a Miller Lite, watching a western on TMC, and brousing BYC.

Special thanx to the administrators of this site, Rob and Emily, for providing access to such a great forum. (they don't know it, but as a former EB guy, we were probably neighbors. Shhhhh, don't tell them, I probably owe them money!)

Next up,,,'The Poop Board!!!'

the one thing that always comes together on my plans a cold beer or a big glass of homemade wine mmmm mmm... ( can't read a tape, can't add, can't subtract figure if I can't see straight atleast it'll come out level
idunno.gif
... that's just proof even qoted the wrong person ahhhhh.. i'm goign back to bad

I've enjoyed your pics and commentary of the process! My husband has designed (but not yet started) a coop according to ideas I've seen around this site. My question to you is 2 part: Do you have 1 roosting bar or 2 like a little ladder/angled? And is your roosting bar opposite the nest boxes? Thanks!

I've enjoyed your pics and commentary of the process! My husband has designed (but not yet started) a coop according to ideas I've seen around this site. My question to you is 2 part: Do you have 1 roosting bar or 2 like a little ladder/angled? And is your roosting bar opposite the nest boxes? Thanks!

I only have 1 roosting bar. It's at the back right above the poop drawer. I can add another, smaller one across from the nesting boxes if it's needed. But I don't really think it will be needed. I think I have at least 3 Roos, and 2 of 'em will go to a new home (If I can find 'em one). That'll free up some space at bedtime!

You know! If you spent less time rambling on this thread and more time building your coop, you'd have more time for drinking beer!
droolin.gif
Thanks anyway, I think I'll make my wife read this when she's done with her chores. That way she'll understand what I'm about to go through building our poop shack for the little "pecker" she brought home.

Trust me,,,I don't need more time to drink beer!!! Ramble, ramble, ramble. Has ur wife finished those chores yet??

Back
Top Bottom