The 'Lotsa Poop Chicken Coop' ***Poop Drawer Update***

Could be the nasty, painful no-skid strips on their perch. That's where they rest their weary little chicken feet the surface should be smooth and comfortable. Get that stuff off of there!!
That was rude and insensitive. Thanx
clap.gif

Well, as in the final words of every losing politision, 'It's time to suspend my campaign',,,er thread. I have nothing left to show ya'll until the old brain comes up with something new.

I mean, I still have the windows and window frames to do, a little more hardware cloth, an oyster shell feeder (thanx to a BYC member for the idea). I also have the automatic waterer to build using PVC and a toilet tank valve (another thanx to a BYC member), and run the electrical out to the Coop,,,,,but you've seen all this stuff. So, I have to devise a poop board system. Sorry, but a plain old board under the roost just won't cut it for me. If the project doesn't require:

a) lot's of thinking
b) crummy engineering
c) at least 3 measurement mistakes (obviously caught and corrected by my wife)
and d) Miller lite

then it's not worth doing!!!! Ya'll have been fun and very complimentary.

I feel like I've graduated gradeschool and I'm leaving all my buddies (sniff, sniff) Don't worry,,,I'll get over it!

I'm working on the engineering aspect right now. Well,,,,,,OK. I'm drinking a Miller Lite, watching a western on TMC, and brousing BYC.

Special thanx to the administrators of this site, Rob and Emily, for providing access to such a great forum. (they don't know it, but as a former EB guy, we were probably neighbors. Shhhhh, don't tell them, I probably owe them money!)

Next up,,,'The Poop Board!!!'

Have you ever seen a poop hammock....?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/534564/poop-hammock-rocks

scroll down to post number ten. easy to build and leaves your floor space for the birds.

But the best part is they are easy to clean and because you use canvas the poops dry out and can be lifted out hammock and all to put either in the compost or garden. You can leave the poo for several days if need be.

deb

Last edited:
So page 1 of this thread, I compliment you and mention I can't wait to see the Poop Board.
So I’ve waited.
I've been patient,
told my chicks to not worry, as soon as 2old2crow figures out how to make one, I will start on theirs.
I watched as you replaced the stupid hooks, added doors, hardware cloth, nesting boxes,
I’ve put up with your jokes and song references until finally, 8 pages later, the mother of all poop boards, built to hold the poop of a thousand birds, and then you stop and give up!
What up bro?
My chickens are waiting for you!
So Questions
1. How wide is your poop board?
2. what is the distance from your poop board to the roost bar, (ie how far does the poop have to drop) My coop is only 3’ by 4’ so do not have much space either so was going to have the poop board 6 to 8 inches below the roost bar, and still have 14” of headroom under the poop board.

Found this - what a GREAT IDEA!
Almost no engenieering required.... almost...

So here are some pics of the poop hammock:
83665_100_0678.jpg

83665_100_0679.jpg

83665_100_0680.jpg

So the hammock itself is from a piece of canvas that he purchased from home depot for roughly $20 - it is held up with jack chain, an eyebolt and is secured to the walls with a large washer and screwed in. The end of the jack chain is opened up so that I can lift up the whole thing and take it outside. I did this once on a really sunny day - rinsed it with the hose and let it dry in the sun - dried in about a half hour and looked new again!
woot.gif
The poop that is in the hammock is from last night! That's a lot of poop
sickbyc.gif
celebrate.gif

If you have any questions or need another picture let me know - the other idea sounds cool as well.
thumbsup.gif

First I'd like to address Quig. STUPID HOOKS????? I think I made it pretty clear these were 'Collectors Items'!!!!! U must still be using one o them 286 processor chips,,,eh? And secondly, I can't answer ur questions 'cause at this moment, I don't have a poop board. Yet. Tell ur chickens to 'simmer' down.

The hammock looks interesting, Canesister. I think that idea goes to the top of my backup to the backup plan. The only problem I see is that I coud build that with no errors and 1/2 of a Miller Lite. Not much of a challenge there. Seriously, thanx for the post and info.

Back
Top Bottom