The 'Lotsa Poop Chicken Coop' ***Poop Drawer Update***

Wish you were MY neighbor. I could be your gopher ...... And have Miller lite, wine and cobbler while scratching behind your dogs ears and watching your wife do chores. GOOD BLESS AMERICA.
You should be writing books.

Hey! Enticing folks with cobbler is MY thing....

The coop is fantastic! Your measuring abilities can't be that impaired.
lol.png

Great job, and great narrative!
thumbsup.gif

So what did I get done today? Well,,,not much. No urgency, no hurry,,,'cause the birds are out side. AND, I didn't feel like it!!!! And the sister-in-law showed up for a visit. We talked and I told her I was thinking about planting a Loquat tree near the coop for shade. She said it would be better if I planted a Highquat. I AM NOT LYING HERE!!!!

These birds are expressing a somewhat fowl attitude. They didn't much like the Coop (my feelings were pretty damaged), so we had to herd them up and stuff them through the pop door hole. 2 in, one back out. 2 in,,,one back out. Annoying little creatures!!!!

I didn't even attempt the trim boards on the nesting box 'cause that side was in the sun and it was hot again. Gonna cool off the next couple of days, so that excuse fades. Just when I got a good thing going, BAM. It cools off!!
somad.gif

So I took 2x4's and ripped them in half. That's,,,,,2 minus 1 and 4 minus 2, carry the 1 and move the decimal,,,,,,that's a 1x2. Right???? Phew! Then I attached them to the top and bottom of the big openings and secured the overpriced screen!

Well, that's done. Guess I should start on the toilet.

Notice the beer belly? Don't belive that low cal, low carb, less filling cr*p!!!!

So here's the finished board, box, drawer? All vinyled (remember that stuff? Perfect color for poop!).

Found these old and bent things down in the barn when I was looking for a bottle opener. Funny thing is, I drink out of cans. Hmmmm. Anyway, these got the old brain a turnin'. So I'll try a little experiment, and if it works out, I'll redo and rebuild. We have the technology. We can do this. The 6 million dollar poop drawer!!!

I appreciate all the feedback from ya'll on this thread. However, I'm kinda used to folks making surly and rude remarks. Especially behind my back. So I got a little uncomfortable on this forum 'cause it's too nice. I was wondering if some of ya could post something snarky or antagonistic. That sure would make me feel at home!!!
old.gif

I hear it's gonna rain Tuesday and Wednesday. So let it. Let it rain, let it pour, 2Old2Crow finished the Coop door!!!!

Night #2. The boys and girls don't like my coop. I'm really saddened. I tried to tell them how much I spent and how many beers this thing cost, but they wouldn't listen. They jumped around in the run, panicked, making that sound that we all know, but wouldn't go up the ramp. I watched for a whole beer. Nothing. Maybe it's 'cause I haven't put the trim on yet, and it just ain't good enuff for em. Or maybe because I slacked off on the nesting boxes. I've failed. The wife went in and put each one through the pop door. Runt didn't want to stay inside,,,sob sob sob. The only thing I can think of is more Miller Lite (I swear I'm not a paid spokesman for Miller. Although I'd love to be a quality control sampler!).

Tomorra I'll try and make it a better home. Why birds hate me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow what a nice job I am starting my coop from a small shed......... but none the less having a blast doing it!
thumbsup.gif

can only hope to sell enough to make a good build really good work looks nice i have great idea in mind just no funding .... bet you have happy birds :)

Back
Top Bottom