The Migratory/Ornamental Waterfowl INFO Thread

I've got a breeding trio of wild " Spoonies " in our pond.They've gotten more social to us people now.When we throw out some seed for our geese and ducks they get out of the water and get some.They've been here for a good while. Anything I should do or just leave them be?

One of our hens.

How neat that they are friendly. I have a canada goose that lives with my geese, and I love the fact that she could leave whenever she wants, but chooses to stick around. She is the reason I got interested in exotic/ornamental waterfowl and ended up with my mandarins. Besides, I have ordinances controlling how many birds I can own, but there's nothing saying where wild birds have to choose to live so she lets me "have" another goose without going over my limit, lol.

welcome-byc.gif
Beautiful birds. Thanks for sharing,

Yes I have. Its like a white x silver basically. They are really into mutations heavy over on the other side of the pond. Peacock could probably tell you more about them

Last edited:
Thanks.. I am really interested in trying to get some over here. I managed to get 2 pair of new zealand black's this past fall.. Would love to get more info on the blues.. wondering if they are washed out.. or if there is nice color in them.

No problem. Sorry I couldnt be more help. Peacock would definitely be your best bet on here.Get back up with your friend from Canada and push the issue maybe.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom