The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

How did the hatch turn out?

Well, I only ended up with 2 hatching. The cute one in the picture and the one that had pipped. I actually had 10 of them make it all the way to lock down and it looks like they quit shortly after that. I didn't have any of my own eggs in with them this time to compare hatch rates so it is very possible something happened toward the end that I didn't notice. We heat with wood so the temp and humidity fluctuate a lot this time of year. Even though only 2 hatched, this was differently my best shipped egg experience since last May! I wish I knew what the post office was doing differently. :idunno  I did get feedback from someone I shipped eggs to last year telling me they watched their mail carrier throw the package when it was clearly marked fragile with neon stickers! :mad:  I don't think that's the norm, but It only takes one ignorant person to damage eggs!
Sorry for ranting. 
Here they are with their new friends. The moderns are 4 days older and the sebrights are 2 days older.

Last edited:
I aim for 80+ RH so I don't have to worry about shrink wrapping. Too low is worse than too high, as least one the first one pips. I've often had it shoot to 99 (highest my digital meter will read) during the hatch with no issues at all.

I don't even go 65 for waterfowl.

Hey Dusty ... that sucks that you've had such dismal luck with shipped eggs. I know the P.O. can be rough on them but I really am so sorry that you've had such crap service. I usually start getting unhappy if shipped eggs hatch at less than 50% though my norm is around 70%. (Local eggs or my own run 95-100% if fertile.)

Woo Hoo I have grand baby chicks in Upstate NY now all the way from Alabama! I am thrilled that you had such a great hatch. Shipped eggs is always such a gamble. Congrats and thanks again for buying eggs from me!
Great thanks to Bama1 on her "best" auction sent to the tundra of Central New York! Set 13...12 to lockdown...12 hatched out!

Cute lil chicks too!

Back
Top Bottom