The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

Lost most of my ameraucana and GNH eggs today
hit.gif
Noticed a smell in incubator, did float test/ candled... still have four lav. orp eggs and 5 ameraucana eggs in there that are all dark and floated. No movement or pips or peeps tho, and this was day 24 for some, 23 for others. (And still have the SLWs in there, on day 8, so ways to go on them) Totally devastated!

I *think* mine tried to put his foot down this morning when the PO called for me to come and get an egg pick up again.
lau.gif
That's when I 'fessed up about the two boxes coming TOMORROW as well.

LOL! What did he have to say about that?

My husband tries to give me his little lectures, but as soon as I remind him about his several expensive guitars, several guns, not to mention all the paraphernalia that goes along with those.... his boat, his fishing stuff, etc. he digresses. And if the eggs are expensive I simply remind him about his smoking habit that he has nothing to show for except potential future medical bills.

He looks at the chickens as egg-providers only, while to me (and most of you), keeping them, hatching them, & chicken math is FUN!!! The fact that they give me eggs is just a bonus to me. I love the thrill of the hunt to find eggs; the challenge and suspense of hatching shipped eggs is fun, albeit sometimes frustrating. In the end it's a hobby...and everyone spends money on their hobby!

LOL! What did he have to say about that?

My husband tries to give me his little lectures, but as soon as I remind him about his several expensive guitars, several guns, not to mention all the paraphernalia that goes along with those.... his boat, his fishing stuff, etc. he digresses. And if the eggs are expensive I simply remind him about his smoking habit that he has nothing to show for except potential future medical bills. 

He looks at the chickens as egg-providers only, while to me (and most of you), keeping them, hatching them, & chicken math is FUN!!! The fact that they give me eggs is just a bonus to me. I love the thrill of the hunt to find eggs; the challenge and suspense of hatching shipped eggs is fun, albeit sometimes frustrating. In the end it's a hobby...and everyone spends money on their hobby!
Between the hundreds of chickens and the 7 mini horses, my hobbies are expensive #

Lost most of my ameraucana and GNH eggs today
hit.gif
Noticed a smell in incubator, did float test/ candled... still have four lav. orp eggs and 5 ameraucana eggs in there that are all dark and floated. No movement or pips or peeps tho, and this was day 24 for some, 23 for others. (And still have the SLWs in there, on day 8, so ways to go on them) Totally devastated!

If they didn't move at all when you floated them, you can be 99.9% sure there is not a live chick inside at that point in incubation. The point of a post-hatch-date float test, IMO, is to look for movement. All eggs that haven't been refrigerated/kept in a very humid place will float after 3 weeks because of the enlarged aircell from evaporation.

So sorry for your losses though! I've been there and it totally sucks.
sad.png

Last edited:
6 Buff Orpington Eggs

The girls live with one gentleman of a rooster, and the father of the girls is also so nice I have kept him and he lives with another groupof hens. One pullet has gone broody in the late spring; the others have not. Lovely golden girls with gentle temperaments and good foragers. Generally I get an egg a day, medium to light brown, medium-large sizes. These are a medium sized birds.

Shipping is on Friday July 12th
Please payvia paypal at the end of auction so I can ship out Friday. See My Profile for paypal info.
Shipping and handling is $12, in a small priority box; or $16 in a medium priority box. Your choice.

Bidding starts at $10
Last bid considered at 3pm EST

Wolf-- Blue/black Am chick hatched to day--praying it is a dark blue. Waiting for others to hatch.
YAY!!! Keep me updated!! I've only gotten one black from those BBS pen. Mostly blues and I even have 2 splash now!
celebrate.gif
Hope your's is blue. How many made it to lockdown??

Can you tell I get excited when I hear about my eggs hatching?? LOL

Back
Top Bottom