The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

18 hour Auction - Eggs to Ship Tomorrow morning!!

25-30 with extras Coturnix quail eggs. I have Jumbo Browns, and Italians. Eggs have been collected yesterday (Thursday) and whatever gets laid today.

Bidding starts at $16 shipped and this auction ends 7 am Saturday morning. I double box and individually bubble wrap each egg and fill with packing peanuts. Fertility is checked often, I have 20 eggs in my Bator now on day 5 and all but one is veined.

IF you bid on this, please pay my paypal ASAP so I can ship in the morning. Thank you!

I have a total of 35 eggs. No bids

For the most part, I have had decent luck on eBay. Some hatches were disappointing but mostly due to the post office. I had one experience in which I only got 2/20 eggs to hatch. Five were infertile and 9/20 had broken air sacks. The seller & I have traded e-mails over the months and she provided 15 replacement eggs at no cost to me.

So yes, there are risks with using eBay and probably much more than this BYC market. Granted the BYC market is much more of a community and your reputation is gold, so most folks here are honorable in their transactions. It is also easier to research the seller and their reputation here than eBay.

As always, do your due diligence and make the best decision you can.

Catching up on reading .. so, this is behind the times..but here is a good reason why I have about the same results with hatching, with, E-bay.. AND BYC. They both have to mail the same way. Watch this video .. get past him showing his little cars..the first thing that gets to me is..you didn't think we handle all of the mail by hand did you?? Then, when they show a front view of the box going on a bumpy ride..wheeeeeee, down we go. Oh dear!

Auction for 6+ Sizzle eggs. (PG paint silkie eggs too) What is laid during the weekend and I'll mail them monday. Auction is over at midnight tomorrow (sunday). Auction starts at $5 and shipping is $13.

The three hens I know are laying are a sizzle partridge hen, silver laced grey hen and a paint silkie hen. The grey laced is not frizzled but she does carry the frizzle gene. I don't know who else is laying Possibly the paint sizzle hen or the splash sizzle pullet but not sure. I'll post pics of them also just in case. These sizzles will feather out in different colors. There are many colors in their genes. I have had a grey silkie roo, calico silkie roo and a paint roo in with them of course at different times. I kept a pullet or two from each roo that was in the pen. The only relation the girls have are to each other, not the roo. The splash pullet is a mix from a blue sizzle hen and a WC blue bantam polish roo. I have 4 of her chicks right now. Three out of the 4 are frizzled. Still young to tell exactly how they're gonna turn out in color but they are looking 2 splash and 1 blue, the other splash has smooth feathers.

Please make your payment immediately after auctions end to my paypal addy [email protected]

The roo behind the splash pullet is the current roo in the sizzle pen. He looks all white but he has a few black spots. I call him a paint but he's not a good paint the same with the paint sizzle hen. She has a few black feathers. The paint silkie hen in this pen also is not a good paint but i'm hoping with both her and the roo having the gene they make a better paint. I just have the 1 silkie hen in this pen. The other hens are frizzled or carry the frizzle gene.

Catching up on reading .. so, this is behind the times..but here is a good reason why I have about the same results with hatching, with, E-bay.. AND BYC. They both have to mail the same way. Watch this video .. get past him showing his little cars..the first thing that gets to me is..you didn't think we handle all of the mail by hand did you?? Then, when they show a front view of the box going on a bumpy ride..wheeeeeee, down we go. Oh dear!

The first thing I said is Oh No My EGGS!!!. It's a wonder most of them arrive unbroken, but not a surprise of the hatch rates. I hope those that pack by wrapping in bubble wrap then just putting them in a plastic bag in a box with peanuts or shredded paper for cushion changes their way of packing. It may seem faster but really once they get used to a more secure method it really isn't that much longer to make them more secure. Gives them a better chance of hatching and not getting broken. Those that double box, Kudos to you.

6+ Silver Blue Ameraucana Eggs
Starts Now Ends Saturday 11pm EST
I will ship on Monday
Starting Bid is $5
Shipping is $15
Fertility and hatch rate has been 100% for me I have hatched 4 different batches and gotten 100% to hatch

Do you have any pictures of the eggs? And where are you located in NY?

Ye gods, why do they even bother asking if something is fragile???

At the same time I have to say, as terrifying as imagining my eggs going through that was, that was a totally delightful video :)

I am located in Central NY up North and here is the pictures of the eggs these were collected today

Are these supposed to be the Silver Blue Ameracauna eggs???? Shouldn't they be BLUE ??? !!
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom