The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

I have a hen that lays every day and I wanted to sell her eggs on here they are mixed breed and I just wanted to know how to do everything and how to tell if they are fertile without using the incubator? And just how to do everything please.

I have a hen that lays every day and I wanted to sell her eggs on here they are mixed breed and I just wanted to know how to do everything and how to tell if they are fertile without using the incubator? And just how to do everything please.
Fertility:

• IS IT FERTILE? Many images see post #43324
  • Managing Fertility click HERE
  • Several Reasons Why Your Hens May Stop Laying Eggs click HERE
  • Winter Blues w/the Roos, why are my eggs infertile ugh starting post #1986
  • Reproductive Physiology of the Hen post #40628
  • HOW long does a ROO SPERM REMAIN IN HEN post #40628

SHIPPED EGGS

Shipped Eggs = Change Of Plans! post #53845
REQUEST HOW YOU WANT YOUR eggs SHIPPED PEOPLE!!!!
HOW TO REQUEST AND SHIP EGGS Sally Sunshine Way...
HOWTOREQUESTANDSHIPEGGSSallySunshineWay.docx 940k .docx file
Unpacking-USPSReimbursementsSHIPPEDEGGS.pdf561k .pdf file
COLD? REQUESTING HEAT PACKS discussion post #32219

Heat packs for shipping animals/etc http://www.tsksupply.com/categories/Heat-Packs/

This is from the Incubation w/ Friends thread thread all on page 1

Good Luck!!

Last edited:
Fertility:

• IS IT FERTILE? Many images see post #43324
  • Managing Fertility click HERE
  • Several Reasons Why Your Hens May Stop Laying Eggs click HERE
  • Winter Blues w/the Roos, why are my eggs infertile ugh starting post #1986
  • Reproductive Physiology of the Hen post #40628
  • HOW long does a ROO SPERM REMAIN IN HEN post #40628

SHIPPED EGGS

Shipped Eggs = Change Of Plans! post #53845
REQUEST HOW YOU WANT YOUR eggs SHIPPED PEOPLE!!!!
HOW TO REQUEST AND SHIP EGGS Sally Sunshine Way...
HOWTOREQUESTANDSHIPEGGSSallySunshineWay.docx 940k .docx file
Unpacking-USPSReimbursementsSHIPPEDEGGS.pdf561k .pdf file
COLD? REQUESTING HEAT PACKS discussion post #32219

Heat packs for shipping animals/etc http://www.tsksupply.com/categories/Heat-Packs/

This is from the Incubation w/ Friends thread thread all on page 1

Good Luck!!

thanks!!! do i have to crack it open though and what if that one is fertile but the other one you didn't crack open was infertile?

thanks!!! do i have to crack it open though and what if that one is fertile but the other one you didn't crack open was infertile?
Only way is to crack them open, the roosters speed can last 7-10 days in the hen, but he may not be covering all the girls so I would check one from each hen

Only way is to crack them open, the roosters speed can last 7-10 days in the hen, but he may not be covering all the girls so I would check one from each hen

Actually, a hen can stay fertile from a single mating of a rooster for approx 3 weeks... viability of eggs is best when their age is within 7-10 days... :)

Actually, a hen can stay fertile from a single mating of a rooster for approx 3 weeks... viability of eggs is best when their age is within 7-10 days... :)

X2 on this - do you remember when I hatched an AC cross 5 weeks after I had moved that hen back in with only AC roosters? That freaked me out, lol.

i only have one hen but she lays fertile eggs almost everyday but the only way i can tell is if i put them in the incubator for a couple days.

Lol I knew someone would correct me :D thanks ravyn!!

Very welcome! :D

X2 on this - do you remember when I hatched an AC cross 5 weeks after I had moved that hen back in with only AC roosters? That freaked me out, lol.

Yep... and there's always exceptions to every 'rule', lol... some may last longer, some a little less...

Pyxis, you have stud muffins! Just ask 1kluckychik about their stud muffin, lol!

Back
Top Bottom