The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

so i have to collect the eggs and check to see if they are fertile then put them in the box and send them out the next morning?

the one thing i don't get is what if the egg you cracked was fertile but the ones you didn't are infertile?

If you crack one or two and find them fertile you assume the rest are.

We should probably take this to the chat thread so as not to clutter up the auction thread :)

If you crack one or two and find them fertile you assume the rest are.

We should probably take this to the chat thread so as not to clutter up the auction thread
smile.png

thanks so much and how do i get to the chat thread?

Anyone have eggs to sell? I getting eggs sent Monday and want to fill my Bater.

Black rosecombs
Bared bantam Cochins
Silver laced Cochins
Old English game bantams. SLD or FDW

Would love to try some whyndottes. Blue would be pretty.

Thanks all.

Only way is to crack them open, the roosters speed can last 7-10 days in the hen, but he may not be covering all the girls so I would check one from each hen

i only have one hen but she lays fertile eggs almost everyday but the only way i can tell is if i put them in the incubator for a couple days.

If you only have one hen and want to send them out fresh they need to be a maximum of 3 days old when sent. Therefore you would only have 3 fresh eggs (max) to sell at one time. So you may have difficulty finding buyers who would be prepared to pay for the shipping just for 3 eggs, regardless of what the eggs cost.

Older eggs do not travel well, and obviously get older en route.

Older eggs that have have NOT been shipped can hatch when older.

so i have to collect the eggs and check to see if they are fertile then put them in the box and send them out the next morning?

Bit confused here. You can't send out eggs that have been cracked to check for fertility.
You can send out different eggs if the ones you cracked looked fertile.

Back
Top Bottom