The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning!

DMC, a new puppy...how exciting! Looking forward to lots of pictures and stories.

Sunflour, tell all the chick stories you want! Wish I could spend more time with mine but that will have to wait a bit longer. As it is, they recognize my car when I pull up (not sure if it's the look or the sound of the car) and come running up to the run fence to wait for a treat.

Anyone know when Blooie gets back from her cruise?

Yesterday was a weird day at the course. We ended up short 3 people (a cook had badly cut himself the day before, 1 girl was only there an hour then went home sick and the bartender got a call her friend was killed in a car wreck). The place was almost deserted most the day, then 1/2 the town turned out all at once for dinner so the day ended up crazy. Glad to see that day over with.

My oldest son is coming back for a visit! He'll be here sometime next week...hope he doesn't mind the disaster zone that passes as my house.

You all have a great day, chat with you later!
They recognize the treat lady. My new girls have not learned treats yet. They spend a lot of time in the grove. That sucks about the employees, I feel bad for the one who lost her friend. Awesome your son is coming. I was thinking about Blooie yesterday. Has she posted and I missed it? There's another coon in the trap this morning, that's 5 in 7 days. Have a great day all!

They recognize the treat lady. My new girls have not learned treats yet. They spend a lot of time in the grove. That sucks about the employees, I feel bad for the one who lost her friend. Awesome your son is coming. I was thinking about Blooie yesterday. Has she posted and I missed it? There's another coon in the trap this morning, that's 5 in 7 days. Have a great day all!

I image you have this going on.

Quick question for those with rooster experience...at what age do they start getting, um, randy?

My Welsummer girl was fine this morning, but I noticed tonight she is missing some feathers at the base of her back (right before her tail starts). She's always been Moe's favorite, the other girls are fine. He's 3 1/2 months old now. Could he already be doing the "deed"?

Quick question for those with rooster experience...at what age do they start getting, um, randy?

My Welsummer girl was fine this morning, but I noticed tonight she is missing some feathers at the base of her back (right before her tail starts). She's always been Moe's favorite, the other girls are fine. He's 3 1/2 months old now. Could he already be doing the "deed"?
I don't generally see breeding until after about 4 months, but some start younger. That can be a common place for chickens to peck feathers from each other too.

Back
Top Bottom