The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

IMG_7246.jpg IMG_7248.jpg IMG_7249.jpg IMG_7250.jpg IMG_7254.jpg IMG_7255.jpg Good morning Sunflour and all! We named her Hattie. She is a sweet little thing, hopefully she stays that way. It's a big adjustment for her as she had 7 siblings and now she has has a big hairy dog that barely tolerates her and cats that terrify her and chickens that look at her like she's a predator...all in all it's going pretty well.

Hattie is such a cute name! It's good your cats aren't scared of her. Our white cat doesn't put up with any nonsense from puppies (or our silly dog) and I think it's a good thing that a puppy learns it isn't a good idea to chase things that are smaller than them.

Debby, I'm sorry you lost another employee. And your poor 'work' kitty! Glad you got it to the vet in time. Doesn't look like there's much dry weather coming anytime soon for us. Down south was hit the worst and there's been terrible flooding.

Sunflour, I have to say I was enjoying not having to rear any babies, but they are getting cute now. I do leave them overnight and just get up a bit early to feed them.

My Bourke female is on eggs. I've only caught her off the nest once early on when she only had one egg. I have no idea how many she has stashed under her now! And I have our Button quail female incubating 5 eggs. She tends to only hatch one baby so it'll be interesting to see how she does this time around. I'll soon be overrun with babies again!

We named her Hattie

I luv the name, looks like she'll fit in well very soon.

I'll soon be overrun with babies again!

Sorry about the rain and flooding :hugs. It seems that you have been dealing with that for so, so long. Hope you got your new washer or the older one fixed? And, hope you won't be having to feed those new babies :fl

I got to see my niece today - the shower was informal and fun...She is such a sweetie. My brother died when she was quite young, I so wish he could see her now. She won full college scholarships for her musical talent, and now also has her Masters in Music:) She has a fantastic job in the music industry and has a wonderful fiance'. I doubt I can attend her wedding, but maybe someone will change their vacation plans and I will be able to go?

Integration is going well for my newbies.....I haven't had the guts to just leave them with the elders 24 hours...but visitations are going well. DH lets them mingle several hours a day and views from the distance or from inside the house. The young ones are getting big, but not yet big enough to defend theirselves if there were real confrontations. But they can outrun, out jump and out maneuver the old biddies :lau And the elders IMO are somewhat afraid of the "littles" when the 4 are all together :D.

Glad to hear the integration is going well. Chicken society can seem so mean! It's good that the littlies have the big girls worked out and can avoid when necessary! I've got my fingers crossed that someone has to change their vacation plans which means you get to go to your niece's wedding.

We got a new washing machine, different brand with what sounds like better product service if something goes wrong. It's a front loader and the kids are fascinated by it. It's so funny the way they sit there watching the water flow in and watching it spin the clothes (it can do 1600 RPM)!

I got to see my niece today - the shower was informal and fun...She is such a sweetie. My brother died when she was quite young, I so wish he could see her now. She won full college scholarships for her musical talent, and now also has her Masters in Music:) She has a fantastic job in the music industry and has a wonderful fiance'. I doubt I can attend her wedding, but maybe someone will change their vacation plans and I will be able to go?

Integration is going well for my newbies.....I haven't had the guts to just leave them with the elders 24 hours...but visitations are going well. DH lets them mingle several hours a day and views from the distance or from inside the house. The young ones are getting big, but not yet big enough to defend theirselves if there were real confrontations. But they can outrun, out jump and out maneuver the old biddies :lau And the elders IMO are somewhat afraid of the "littles" when the 4 are all together :D.
Glad you had a great time at the shower. I hope you will be able to go to the wedding. We havent seen pictures in a while of your chickens...hint hint;) Hattie followed me to the coop earlier today and that did not go well...the chickens totally flipped out. I got to thinking she looks like a coon with her coloring and size. I guess it will be a bit before they trust her.

Glad to hear the integration is going well. Chicken society can seem so mean! It's good that the littlies have the big girls worked out and can avoid when necessary! I've got my fingers crossed that someone has to change their vacation plans which means you get to go to your niece's wedding.

We got a new washing machine, different brand with what sounds like better product service if something goes wrong. It's a front loader and the kids are fascinated by it. It's so funny the way they sit there watching the water flow in and watching it spin the clothes (it can do 1600 RPM)!
I had a front load for 3 months then it went back to the store as I had 2 repairmen out in that short time. It was sure pretty though with all of its bells and whistles. Hope you love yours!!

kids are fascinated by it. It's so funny the way they sit there watching the water flow in and watching it spin the clothes

I had to get a new dryer recently - Buddy cat is afraid of the dryer - with the clear door and tossing clothes.....he runs by it or finds another way around the area:lau

havent seen pictures in a while of your chickens.

Guess I'm a bad chicken mom...will have to get some current pics to post :D

Back
Top Bottom