The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Good morning everyone. Just got the sad news about our community losing a dear member, donrae.#10515 It's time to let you all know how much our daily chats and your friendship mean to me. Take care. :hugs
I had been following her story, and reading of how it had taken the bad turn, it has greatly upset me, and has reminded me how precious each day we have is. I didn't really know her, but knew of her. I hate cancer.

Sunflour could you hang a towel or something that covers the front of your washing machine, so Buddy doesn't have to suffer. This is coming from someone who is definitely
not a cat person. The point is Buddy is so human he has left his feline roots well behind.
Would you let a human child be terrified by the washing machine monster? Okay maybe I would laugh first but, then I would do whatever is possible to lessen his panic.

I had been following her story, and reading of how it had taken the bad turn, it has greatly upset me, and has reminded me how precious each day we have is. I didn't really know her, but knew of her. I hate cancer.
I didn't know her either but have seen her name different places and I've thought about her on and off most of the day...very sad!

Good morning everyone. Just got the sad news about our community losing a dear member, donrae.#10515 It's time to let you all know how much our daily chats and your friendship mean to me. Take care. :hugs

I didn't know her , but sorry about the loss and sincerely sorry I didn't know her.

Sunflour could you hang a towel or something that covers the front of your washing machine, so Buddy doesn't have to suffer. This is coming from someone who is definitely
not a cat person. The point is Buddy is so human he has left his feline roots well behind.
Would you let a human child be terrified by the washing machine monster? Okay maybe I would laugh first but, then I would do whatever is possible to lessen his panic.

I do...Buddy is my baby...the washer and dryer are in a laundry closet...so I shut those doors so it doesn't effect him. He is a real scaredy cat - I think something to do with whatever happened to him before we adopted him. But me and DH "cater" to Buddy...he rules the house :) Honestly, he is likely the most pampered pet you could ever meet.

Ok @DigMyChicks here's pics from today:

Debby, please don't get mad, this gal is now named after you: she's #1 , spunky and brave...

IMG_6972.jpg
IMG_6945.jpg IMG_6968.jpg IMG_6985.jpg

I'm about fit to be tied with the critters around here. We've spent the last 4 hours outside due to a fox attack. It started last night with the loss of my favorite chicken. Quinton saw a hawk land in the yard so we are assuming that was what got her. He was leaving so didn't have time to check it out. The neighbor had come over to lock the girls up shortly after and saw feathers so he texted me to let me know...so figured it was the hawk. We've been in and out all day but in about an hours time 2 more chickens were dead, 1 left in the yard and the other Quinton saw being carried off by a fox. They fought hard and I can't believe we heard nothing. 2 of my new girls are in the trees, one is in a high tree and the other I couldn't find but she was accounted for after attack. We set up the trail cam to see if there's any action out there tonight. Needless to say I told my husband to teach me to shoot a gun...I shot about 70 bullets and hit the can 16 times...never thought I would do that but this is war. I need more practice though!! Sorry for the vent:he

Oh DMC, I'm so sorry! Your poor girls! How awful! Little Hattie needs to grow quick, quick!

Sunflour, your girls really are gorgeous! Feel free to share photos/stories about them anytime. I did laugh about your Buddy and the monstrous dryer!

Back
Top Bottom