The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

I have to say I was envisioning blackbirds baked in a pie (like the nursery rhyme). :lol:

:gig
black bird pie.jpg

Yikes!

X3! :sick

I'm not expecting too many people to come through on Saturday as it's going to be a cold, rainy day (which is probably the best time to look at a potential new home but anyway). At least we can showcase our amazing fire that keeps the whole house toasty.
:fl for the right buyer to show up and fall in love with the house

Is the hose a goner?
Most likely. High pressure doesn't really patch very well.

When does the hurricane season end?
What a horrible thing for people to go through.I can understand folks not wanting to evacuate. You put down roots when you move into a house, make it a home - it gets dear to your heart - how do you walk away from that?
Wrong headed thinking. Mother nature is going to flood, drop trees on or blow the house away if she wants, isn't going to look and say "oh, there are people in that one, I'll leave it alone". Nobody is talking about walking away, they are talking about saving your life and returning to fix up that house that is dear to your heart. Gotta be a lot of fun sitting on the roof (if it is still there) of your flooded house getting slammed by the wind and rain. And then those people think someone should come rescue them.

Hurricane season in Florida is through the end of November.

my one nephew and a few of his buddies used to take the boat out on the river and go into slews looking for young gators, three of four feet, jump overboard , caught them, cut just the tail off and then let them go, lots of gators swimming around with no tails
Nothing remotely humorous about that.

If only I lived closer, I'd keep you supplied.
Freeze and ship!

We are having rat problems again thanks to the warm, spring weather
rat mincemeat pie!

I know a terrier will not be cheap (I'm picking one will cost at least $2,500
:eek:
You can buy a lot of over taxed gas for $2,500.

Most likely. High pressure doesn't really patch very well.

Wrong headed thinking. Mother nature is going to flood, drop trees on or blow the house away if she wants, isn't going to look and say "oh, there are people in that one, I'll leave it alone". Nobody is talking about walking away, they are talking about saving your life and returning to fix up that house that is dear to your heart. Gotta be a lot of fun sitting on the roof (if it is still there) of your flooded house getting slammed by the wind and rain. And then those people think someone should come rescue them.

Hurricane season in Florida is through the end of November.

Nothing remotely humorous about that.

Freeze and ship!

rat mincemeat pie!

We used to cut out the bad part and splice with with a fitting.

rat mincemeat pie!

:sick That's right up there with brains! The big ones are guinea pig sized so you wouldn't need that many, but still :sick.

My Mum knows someone up North who just lost her beautiful, quiet, docile rooster to a stoat that had chewed its way into the coop right up in a corner where they hadn't noticed. So I'm really going to be pushing for a terrier. Unfortunately there's just nothing to keep stoats, rats, rabbits and brush tailed possum in check here, so they are all horrible pests.

@N F C I'd like an Australian Terrier. They are great with young and old, are generally good with other pets, and they are the 'softest' terrier personality wise. They were developed by sheep herders in Australia to serve as rodent control (they'll even take on a snake) and as companion dogs to keep them company. They are very cute looking too. Unfortunately the only few breeders in NZ are all the way down in Christchurch, so there'll be the cost of flying a baby up to us as well.

Unfortunately there's just nothing to keep stoats, rats, rabbits and brush tailed possum in check here, so they are all horrible pests.
1/2" (1.27 cm) hardware cloth poultry/fence stapled over all openings? My coop has a dirt floor covered with rubber horse mats. I put hardware cloth under them and stapled it to the side walls. No stoats getting in MY coop!

Back
Top Bottom