The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Standard practice for my buddy and I to go night fishing and come home at breakfast time with a mess of eels and catfish. Mom would activate, clean them, and cook them for breakfast. As long as we caught an eel or two for her we were golden.
never cooked or ate eels, older sister loved them and kept every one she caught(and a few i caught)

Good morning. It is morning, isn’t it? I don’t know anymore....seems I’m up all the time, although life is easier now that Tam has her puppy at home. We tossed one of Kendra’s old stuffed toys in with mine and he finally went to sleep - for two whole hours. <sigh> This, too, shall pass. Fiona is still scared to death and pouting. I mean really pouting.

Schools are closed here but online classroom work has already started. Jenny’s hard at work making breakfasts and lunches for kids who need them.

I love Border Terriers as a breed. The Good Lord forgot your tell them their little!

Latte is a sweet looking little girl!!

Well, bed is made, dishwasher unloaded, puppy is playing with his rope toy. Time to break out Hazel the Roomba and see how Pup reacts. This should be interesting. :lau

Good morning B (yes, it is morning :lol: )

Have you had your meeting with the nutritionist (or is it dietician?) yet?

Her name is Latte, she's a puppy mill rescue. :)
View attachment 2053888

Latte is gorgeous. I'm glad she's found a home with you after such a rough start.

Good morning. It is morning, isn’t it? I don’t know anymore....seems I’m up all the time, although life is easier now that Tam has her puppy at home. We tossed one of Kendra’s old stuffed toys in with mine and he finally went to sleep - for two whole hours. <sigh> This, too, shall pass. Fiona is still scared to death and pouting. I mean really pouting.

Schools are closed here but online classroom work has already started. Jenny’s hard at work making breakfasts and lunches for kids who need them.

I love Border Terriers as a breed. The Good Lord forgot your tell them their little!

Latte is a sweet looking little girl!!

Well, bed is made, dishwasher unloaded, puppy is playing with his rope toy. Time to break out Hazel the Roomba and see how Pup reacts. This should be interesting. :lau

Poor Fiona. Have you heard how Tam is getting on with her baby? At least you guys will be too busy with puppies to spend too much time worrying about the current craziness. Hope the vacuum wasn't too scary for your little one.

I always wanted to try eel. I don't think I do anymore. Creepy. 😱

Hey Sour, I was just checking my email and came across this (I get routine articles from Gastro Obscura):
do-people-eat-rats (muskrats, that is)

Great article. When I was a kid every ditch, pond, river, marsh had a viable muskrat population. That is no longer the case. Predation has lowered the population to the point where they are becoming endangered.

Great article. When I was a kid every ditch, pond, river, marsh had a viable muskrat population. That is no longer the case. Predation has lowered the population to the point where they are becoming endangered.

Have you ever tried muskrat? I'm guessing you'd never get the Princess to that yearly event though.

Back
Top Bottom