The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

so they say, guess i'm still afraid because my mother had one blow up one time, luckily we were outside when it blew, what a mess, but i'm going to try cause its faster than the old way
The old ones did that! The new ones have safety features. I have been using them for 15 years or so with no explosions.

Instant pot is a pressure cooker

Got to share some good news! I've sold my 4 fully feathered hybrids and my son is taking 4 pullets that I hatched from my Nn flock earlier this year leaving only 3 cockerels to process for freezer camp this weekend. I ordered some Ayam Cemani hatching eggs today, hoping for some girls to breed with Angus!
lol, don't have one of those either, hey, i'm old school and i hate, just hate change but i'm trying
Pressure cookers have come a long way, but I understand your fear. I use mine a lot, but I leave the kitchen and tell the kids to stay out of there. It beeps to let me know it's done.

Got to share some good news! I've sold my 4 fully feathered hybrids and my son is taking 4 pullets that I hatched from my Nn flock earlier this year leaving only 3 cockerels to process for freezer camp this weekend. I ordered some Ayam Cemani hatching eggs today, hoping for some girls to breed with Angus!

Pressure cookers have come a long way, but I understand your fear. I use mine a lot, but I leave the kitchen and tell the kids to stay out of there. It beeps to let me know it's done.

That is good flock news IM! So tell me, who was the chicken instigator in your family...you or your son?

That is good flock news IM! So tell me, who was the chicken instigator in your family...you or your son?
Long story: I got my first flock, then added to said flock and ended up with 2 roosters. I wasn't quite at the it's ok to eat my birds stage so I gave the black roo to a girl who worked with my son and didn't have one, but she did have a flock of hens. Fast forward a few years and that same girl is now part of the family, my sons fiance, and is now more open to keeping Turkens because she sees how much better they handle the heat compared to the rest of her birds. I gave her a few last year too.

Long story: I got my first flock, then added to said flock and ended up with 2 roosters. I wasn't quite at the it's ok to eat my birds stage so I gave the black roo to a girl who worked with my son and didn't have one, but she did have a flock of hens. Fast forward a few years and that same girl is now part of the family, my sons fiance, and is now more open to keeping Turkens because she sees how much better they handle the heat compared to the rest of her birds. I gave her a few last year too.

That's a cool story...guess the chickens kind of brought you all together!

that might be hard for me to do, leaving the area but like i told ron, we'll see, i'm 70 years old and set in my ways
husband trys to help, lately i've become so graceful and hes also afraid that i'll hurt myself, right now my right arm from the elbow down to the hand looks like i was in a cat fight and lost, blood blisters, open wire cuts and a golf size bump where one of those nasty bugs bit me the ones i'm allergic to, i took my over-blouse off to help husband put my panel up for the beans :idunno

going to have to get a gun out, we went to the grocery store today and when we got back, three dogs were in the pasture and had the tom turkey down and were trying to kill him, called the owner and she was nice and said she would pin them up but if they did it again,
SHE would shoot him(the ring leader)

Back
Top Bottom