The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

We don’t have sunflours ourselves but have seen fields of them:lol:When we first bought this farm we rented it out and one year he did Sunflowers.
Yolo county has Tomatoes, Rice, sunflowers and Almonds and the major crops. I have seen a new hops field and on 113 on the way to work their is a field with garlic! boy what a smell....Lots of farming here for sure!

Yolo county has Tomatoes, Rice, sunflowers and Almonds and the major crops. I have seen a new hops field and on 113 on the way to work their is a field with garlic! boy what a smell....Lots of farming here for sure!

Isn't there a town out in CA someplace that bills itself as the "Garlic Capital of the World"? Seems like I saw something on tv once about an annual festival for it.

Isn't there a town out in CA someplace that bills itself as the "Garlic Capital of the World"? Seems like I saw something on tv once about an annual festival for it.
Gilroy California is about an hour and a half south of use.
casportpony is from there.

Gilroy California is about an hour and a half south of use.
casportpony is from there.
My garden will be the garlic capital of my "farm" ;) assuming they grow. Never tried before but planted some in October.

Castroville, CA is the artichoke capital! My garden will be that capital here as well this year. Bought 2 plants 2 years ago and they did OK so I bought 6 last year. They are annuals here, my aunt had a couple of HUGE plants in Mill Valley, CA (just north of S.F.).

Back
Top Bottom