The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Very pretty eggs sunflour!

I haven't checked on my little dove yet (its still dark here Sunday morning) but yesterday it was eating some food.

We had some family photos taken yesterday and the dog came too - she was pretty good after she got over her initial excitement. That was at my sister's and it's back there for our Easter hunt soon. At least we have an extra hour to get back there as daylight savings has ended overnight (but the cats are still waiting to be fed). The kids both went to sleep late so hopefully they'll sleep in.

I'm doing my first ever hatch...
I've got one starting to wiggle!
I'm so excited!!!
celebrate.gif

Sneaky spammers!

I rarely get anything like what you get. Although I was getting frequent phone calls and mail from a company wanting to update the warranty on my Kia Soul. Finally I answered one of their calls and explained that car was totaled almost 2 years ago so they could quit wasting their time. Hmm, haven't heard from them since!

I get them all the time. With Ken being the Grand Secretary for Council and Chapter and Deputy Grand Master for Wyoming, we almost have to answer calls from unfamiliar numbers now, and 90% of the time it really is Masonic stuff. But that other 10%!! GRRR! And they use Wyoming area codes, too, which makes it so hard to decide whether to pick up or not.

One number became kinda familiar. Caller ID would say it was from Powell, WY, but it was really a dude telling me that my computer was infected with some horrendous virus and they could fix it by accessing my computer remotely. No, it's not my computer that has a horrendous virus, it's my PHONE at the moment.

Anyway, a call came in and I recognized it. So I picked it up and in my most bored, professional secretary's voice I said,

"You've reached the Federal Bureau of Investigations' Fraud Division. If you know your party's extension, please......................" Click. Never got another call from that number.

I'm so excited!!!
View attachment 1318928

I'm wiggling too! Keep us posted, both you and @JaeG, on your hatches.

Gotta tell you this, and if you've seen it on another thread I apologize but it's so cool! When your little girl can't attend the annual town Easter Egg Hunt, the town brings the Easter Egg hunt to the little girl! It's 18 degrees and snowing like crazy. It's just impossible to expect Kendra to sit in her wheelchair and take part - not running around she gets so cold. Kenny and Jenny were going to make a quick Walmart run this morning, and when they stepped out of their door, they saw their yard full of blue and white flags with Kendra's name on them and Easter Eggs at the base of the flags. I know the photos stink, but they were just captures during a Facetime chat. They did this last year, during a much warmer Easter Egg hunt, at the grounds where the rest of the kids were hunting just so Kendra and another little girl who has some disabilities could join in the fun, so I'll bet Taylor's yard was full of pink and green flags this morning too. The town brought the Easter Egg hunt to Kendra before the big hunt started. And this, folks, is why I'll leave Cowley when they take me out in a box!

IMG_1605.PNG

Kendra reaching for flag with her constant shadow, Katie, behind her.

IMG_1604.PNG

This is just a small sampling of the flags and eggs planted! They were all over the place! The snow hadn't started sticking to the grass yet, although it darn sure is now, but these flags were all over the place!

I'm so excited!!!
View attachment 1318928

Yay!!! Sounds like they are moving into position to begin their journey into the world. :clap

I get them all the time. With Ken being the Grand Secretary for Council and Chapter and Deputy Grand Master for Wyoming, we almost have to answer calls from unfamiliar numbers now, and 90% of the time it really is Masonic stuff. But that other 10%!! GRRR! And they use Wyoming area codes, too, which makes it so hard to decide whether to pick up or not.

One number became kinda familiar. Caller ID would say it was from Powell, WY, but it was really a dude telling me that my computer was infected with some horrendous virus and they could fix it by accessing my computer remotely. No, it's not my computer that has a horrendous virus, it's my PHONE at the moment.

Anyway, a call came in and I recognized it. So I picked it up and in my most bored, professional secretary's voice I said,

"You've reached the Federal Bureau of Investigations' Fraud Division. If you know your party's extension, please......................" Click. Never got another call from that number.

I'm wiggling too! Keep us posted, both you and @JaeG, on your hatches.

Gotta tell you this, and if you've seen it on another thread I apologize but it's so cool! When your little girl can't attend the annual town Easter Egg Hunt, the town brings the Easter Egg hunt to the little girl! It's 18 degrees and snowing like crazy. It's just impossible to expect Kendra to sit in her wheelchair and take part - not running around she gets so cold. Kenny and Jenny were going to make a quick Walmart run this morning, and when they stepped out of their door, they saw their yard full of blue and white flags with Kendra's name on them and Easter Eggs at the base of the flags. I know the photos stink, but they were just captures during a Facetime chat. They did this last year, during a much warmer Easter Egg hunt, at the grounds where the rest of the kids were hunting just so Kendra and another little girl who has some disabilities could join in the fun, so I'll bet Taylor's yard was full of pink and green flags this morning too. The town brought the Easter Egg hunt to Kendra before the big hunt started. And this, folks, is why I'll leave Cowley when they take me out in a box!

View attachment 1318965
Kendra reaching for flag with her constant shadow, Katie, behind her.

View attachment 1318966
This is just a small sampling of the flags and eggs planted! They were all over the place! The snow hadn't started sticking to the grass yet, although it darn sure is now, but these flags were all over the place!

That brought tears to my eyes! You are very lucky to be part of such a caring community. :love

Agreed! We need pictures Cap! :pop

Speaking of pictures .. so, I started this 'little' project three days ago after work, between downpours, to help with the cabin fever.

Finished one side of the gate today but can't do the other side because the garden bags are now full! Hopefully they are getting emptied next week. The overgrown palms were restricting the path through the garden and too much shade was stopping the lawn from growing, creating a small pathway of lawn. That area of the garden looks so much bigger now; just need the grass to keep spreading.

Before, well after having done two of the palms and remembering that I should take pictures:
View attachment 1317094

After:
View attachment 1317096

Before:
View attachment 1317097

After:
View attachment 1317099

The view of that corner of the garden now from the top of the stairs. Even though there does not look to be much lawn, there is considerably more than when I first got here.

View attachment 1317100
Looks great!
Pretty flashy Ron!
I peeked in Kendra's backpack when she got here after school today. I normally don't do that because most of the stuff in there is addressed to the kids, not to me, but Keisha was bragging up what an amazing day Kendra had so I had to see what she'd done. Well, can you tell her classroom worksheets from any other kindergarten student's worksheet? She's smart....she is doing exactly what they are doing, but in some areas she's ahead of them. And when she came into the house she made a beeline for her special doll. She has just very recently noticed it - she doesn't care too much for dolls - but she identifies with this one. In the photo she is helping her doll push down the brakes on the little wheelchair, saying, "Brakes on, Kendra.'

View attachment 1317150 View attachment 1317151 View attachment 1317152
Adorable picture!
Ok, i am up and semi functional. View attachment 1317413
Cute!
Happy Birthday to @MrsMistyReal - have an awesome day!

My chicks are hatching for the Easter HAL. It's my Saturday so they are on schedule for once! 7 have hatched so far.
View attachment 1317626

Very cute boots Cap! :love
Adorable!
At lunch today, DH brought home this golf season's menu (draft). He's added 2 more items...smoked turkey breast and sour cream garlic mashed potatoes.
:th

Shoot me now.
What do you put in your potatoes, I’m making them tonight.
Beautiful!
Got like 50 posts to catch up on. Not sure I have the time now as I have to shower but just wanted to check in. Yesterday I was nauseous and sick (migraine) so hopefully today is somewhat better. although the fire alarm at the hotel did go off at 8:30.... :/ :barnie but thankfully I was already awake. I slept kinda weird. Went to bed around 10:30 or 11, woke up at 1, fell back asleep, woke up again and laid there a while. Next time I checked it was 7. So what I think happened was I only slept for a few hours after 1 then laid there for a couple hours. I do that when I dont want to get up to pee again ha thinking i would fall back asleep. ANYWAY. I finally got up, peed, then I put my pillows on the other side of the bed and switched sides cause i was kind of sore from laying there so long. should have done it hours ago as I fell right back to sleep. so then I fell asleep only a little bit and was thankfully awake when the fire alarm went off at 830. So my birthday is off to an eventful start so far lol i have a room to myself as we got two rooms across from each other. mine overlooks the lake.
Happy Birthday Kelsey!
Phone just rang. From Woodland, CA. Didn't leave a message. Must have bee @ronott1, except he doesn't have my number.
He must be calling me too!
A fellow at work answers those and does a flip and tries to sell them something, they always hang up and bet ya they remove him from their call lists :lau

Wish you had some pics of yours.

Ok, you can dye brown eggs - View attachment 1318903

And they don't really take so long to do. I used 1 tablespoon of vinegar in each 1 cup of hot water. The black one was the first try - thought I needed a lot of food color and overdid the blue ( blue won't work) - added a few splashes of others and got a black egg :cool:...Red is easy, Greens are all olive unless you use a lot of green dye. The pink one was an experiment in yellow ( should have left it that lovely bronze color) - then in red, a try at purple...wiped it all off and back to the red and a lovely pinkish color :)

The scratches are from too much manipulation with a teaspoon instead of letting them just rest in the dye cups :idunno
Beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom