The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Oh Jae what a great hatch - so many colors- did you expect that?

No I didn't - it's always exciting to see what pops out. I had three separated from the others as they were from a different pen where the male isn't related to my others. He's wild coloured so I assumed that would be dominant and they'd all be wild. One was but the other two are the bright gingery ones (like their mother) which I thought was a recessive colour. :confused: I'd love to work out their genetics (what's dominant/recessive etc) but I don't even know where to start!

All caught up on greets and apologies if my catching up mucked up the order for other greeters :hugs I will try not to get behind again ;)

I think I have OGD :p

Jae sadly, none of the predictions are that Iris is going to go out to sea, definitely crossing the coast but the big question is where? She has been hanging around now for at least a week or may be closer to two I think and the fact that she is slow moving is making predictions tricky apparently.

Congrats on your adorable new babies! I love the sticking out legs! So cute! :love

Just sharing some pictures from my 'down tools time' this afternoon ..

Jessie at the park:
1 April 2018 A.jpg

Jessie with a mouth full of tennis ball:
1 April 2018.jpg

More garden pictures! But, with a difference, these ones have chickens in them! We let the girls out for a wander with hubby and I looking skywards for any signs of Hawks, which we have in huge numbers. We were feeling bad for them because of all the rain and thought it would be nice to give them a run before the next deluge.

Of course, Dusty made a beeline for the mulch! :rolleyes: A couple of the girls are looking a bit scraggly, tis the season to be moulting ..........

1 April 2018 D.jpg

Then Dusty's attention switched to the climbing vine :rolleyes:
1 April 2018 G.jpg

Everyone's attention then switched to the meal worms on offer :hmm
1 April 2018 C.jpg

Happy Chickens! Blondie is having a hard time of the moult season, no prizes for guessing which one she is in this picture ;)
1 April 2018 I.jpg

And, to finish, nice to see that one of the locals also appreciates the new, sun reducing shutters :p

1 April 2018 K.jpg

Happy Easter and good morning to all:frow Jae and teila loved the pix. Hope that storm goes around or dies down. Jae, did I tell you I have a family of what I think are Tennessee red quail in the field next to where I park at work. I need to get the pics of dad off my phone and onto my computer. Mom's got 4 babies and it's so cool to watch her warm them up. Guys at work think I'm a loon because I like quail TV.

Easter Greetings to All.

@Blooie , the small town friendliness is so heart warming - I remember the video of a past Easter Egg Hunt with Kendra, so precious. And love your spammer story.

@DigMyChicks , your eggs are beautiful, love the colors you selected. Your sister has talent :) Orchid's are so pretty, but a lot of trouble, wish she had selected something easy like Dracaena - they thrive on some neglect ;) .

Yikes, Iris does look like an angry little storm. Fingers crossed she gets pushed back out to sea!

My hatch has finished for the Easter HAL and all 11 hatched that had made it to lockdown.
View attachment 1319592

This is a funny photo - crazy (not dead) quail baby:
View attachment 1319594

Love the second pic, looks like a group hug :love

Just sharing some pictures from my 'down tools time' this afternoon ..

Jessie at the park:
View attachment 1319691

Jessie with a mouth full of tennis ball:
View attachment 1319693

More garden pictures! But, with a difference, these ones have chickens in them! We let the girls out for a wander with hubby and I looking skywards for any signs of Hawks, which we have in huge numbers. We were feeling bad for them because of all the rain and thought it would be nice to give them a run before the next deluge.

Of course, Dusty made a beeline for the mulch! :rolleyes: A couple of the girls are looking a bit scraggly, tis the season to be moulting ..........

View attachment 1319694

Then Dusty's attention switched to the climbing vine :rolleyes:
View attachment 1319696

Everyone's attention then switched to the meal worms on offer :hmm
View attachment 1319702

Happy Chickens! Blondie is having a hard time of the moult season, no prizes for guessing which one she is in this picture ;)
View attachment 1319703

And, to finish, nice to see that one of the locals also appreciates the new, sun reducing shutters :p

View attachment 1319705

Maybe you should only check the weather a couple of days ahead = less worry?

Jessie is a cutie - love that curly hair.

Great pics of your flock - they are lovely and having so much fun.

We also have 3 tree frogs who must live on or around our deck - they sit on our windows at night and are so fun to watch...wondering where they stay in the daytime?

Back
Top Bottom