The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Often those jobs feel so much bigger than they actually are (once you've got the right equipment). I'm like that cleaning out my outdoor quail - it only takes 10 minutes but I put it off (often because of the heat at the moment - if I don't get out there early enough its torture).

Exactly! If I would just do it it would take like two seconds but I always put stuff off. Including or even especially homework lol

And also I'm kind of OCD/somewhat perfectionist/detail oriented too so I have to do everything the best and can't just half butt it ha. Well, with homework I can somewhat cause I wait to write stuff till last minute. But even then I try to make it good. But for example, with something like cleaning the fish tank or sometimes cooking, I can't just make it simple. Example, I was going to just add water to the tank and change the filter because I didn't want to fully clean it and I also had to pack and didn't really have time. Ended up doing all the vacuuming and scrubbing and filling and emptying again etc. and took like an hour lol and before that I had spent like an hour or two cleaning the chickens cause I added new shavings in the nest boxes (had already added shavings to the coop a week or two before), pine pellets in the run to bathe in, refilled food and water, etc. Etc. The pine pellet thing or even filling of nest boxes was probably unnecessary. I was "only" adding tons of food and water to leave them. Nope. Gotta fully clean everything right before we leave lol

I am somewhat like my mom in that regard. She usually always cleans before we leave. Me too except I do animal chores. I wait and wait and wait and don't do them but day before we leave or day of? Do EVERYTHING and tire myself out. :lau

It's so cute! I love it! :love Is there much to do inside or is it all just cosmetic?
It looks like there's going to be. The electrical wiring was done by the owner with no permit or inspected, so we're going to have to upgrade in order to meet code.
The plumbing needs to be changed as it's the original cast iron.
Personally, I think the rest is cosmetic, but CJ has a lot of redesigning/remodelling plans.

and now for some of the inside...

The kitchen 20180404_183801.jpg

20180404_184109.jpg
20180404_185509.jpg
20180404_184120.jpg

Morning all :frow We have running water:woot My new main line is 600 feet of 5/8" garden hose. Of course we had to leave it trickling last night as we had a hard freeze. We've been battling this leak for the last few weeks... Turn the water on an hour or two every other day and fill up tubs and containers then yesterday we turned it on and had a geyser come up in the middle of the paved driveway and no water to the house. We've been waiting for the plumber to get a backhoe at work to avoid having to rent one. This guy is good and willing to work for meat and eggs....

Michelle that house looks great!

Cute!!
It is extremely hard to get a decent photo of any pheasant, let alone a Golden pheasant, their constantly on the move, especially this time of year. I'm really partial to that one in the avatar. Took 7 years to breed the rich, deep yellow colors that he has...and he is now passing on those genes to his offspring. :celebrate
Edited to say: Yes, that's lantana in the pen...hasn't killed my birds yet! and they eat the flowers, berries, leaves....go figure, suppose to be toxic to birds, not mine:gig
Beautiful bird!

Love your new house. The kitchen has loads of cabinets and lots of potential :)

Which btw I finally vaccumed last week. And finally changed the filter and added water. Emptied the tank almost completely and also scrubbed the algae off the sides.

:thumbsup . I know you feel accomplished, glad you got motivated :)

Morning all :frow We have running water:woot My new main line is 600 feet of 5/8" garden hose. Of course we had to leave it trickling last night as we had a hard freeze. We've been battling this leak for the last few weeks... Turn the water on an hour or two every other day and fill up tubs and containers then yesterday we turned it on and had a geyser come up in the middle of the paved driveway and no water to the house. We've been waiting for the plumber to get a backhoe at work to avoid having to rent one. This guy is good and willing to work for meat and eggs....

Michelle that house looks great!

Glad to hear you have water back, hope the permanent water lines are in soon.

Back
Top Bottom