The Old Folks Home

Just boring everyday chicks, but they will keep 3 families in food and shelter for a week or two when they are shipped

I've done this before but it is very efficient.
Squirrels have chewed holes into my food grade buckets where I stash my sunflower seed. I put another bucket above it full of old honey comb. Impaled the comb with a metal rod, hung a #110 conibear body trap from the rod so the trigger is at the hole the squirrels have been going into.
I killed 3 tree rats this afternoon. Could have been twice as many if I checked the traps more often.
Should I skin them for myself or my chickens?

Cook them slow and low or they will be tough. Alot of people will singe the fur off before gutting them. Most people leave the head on and suck the brains out through the eye socket.

I've done this before but it is very efficient.
Squirrels have chewed holes into my food grade buckets where I stash my sunflower seed. I put another bucket above it full of old honey comb. Impaled the comb with a metal rod, hung a #110 conibear body trap from the rod so the trigger is at the hole the squirrels have been going into.
I killed 3 tree rats this afternoon. Could have been twice as many if I checked the traps more often.
Should I skin them for myself or my chickens?

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooked-Squirrel/

Back
Top Bottom