The Olive-Egger thread!

Quote: Very nice bird.
thumbsup.gif

Okay so I have a question, If my 2nd generation Olive Egger cockerel is over my FBCM girl, well not really he just is very girl crazy and is planning a hostile take over of the coop. He's sneaky, Well anyways does it work the same as a Marans over a blue layer.
900x900px-LL-41e9cbeb_001oeroo.jpeg

This is Dude, (wynette this is from yours). He is with 1st and 2nd generation Olive Eggers hens and FBCM pullets and of course one not happy Marans Rooster. So what do think I will get?
Michele

I hatched out my second generation birds a couple of months ago and decided to sell the first generation, $15 each, they all sold with in two days, I took the add off craigs list but still get calls every day, I wish I had a couple hundred

I have a top secret breeding project going on now muhahahahaha, I have about two birds I have to create and the about three generations of those through select breeding

Last edited:
Anyone have these guys for sale? Extras? Culls? I really don't care if they lay green Vs olive, so long as its colored, hehe. Please PM or post here if you can ship chicks, thanks!

I sold my ONLY Laying Olive Egger
barnie.gif
she had cash, what could I do???????? I have more growing up
cool.png
May have to get out of Olive Eggers... I need the pens
hide.gif
good news, I can always make more
wink.png
I will always have Marans and Ameraucanas
cool.png

Can you guys help me figure this genetic question out?

I have some first gen OEs that are Black Am x Marans; they are laying a nice olive egg for me. I have a Splash Cuckoo Marans boy that I am thinking of breeding them with. (I have soooo many black chickens here; some guaranteed blues would make me very happy.)

The question: will the resulting chicks be sexable at hatch? I believe that the roo is double barred (he's from your eggs, DM Rippy). All of the hens are black.

Thanks!!

I hatched out my second generation birds a couple of months ago and decided to sell the first generation, $15 each, they all sold with in two days, I took the add off craigs list but still get calls every day, I wish I had a couple hundred

I have a top secret breeding project going on now muhahahahaha, I have about two birds I have to create and the about three generations of those through select breeding
smiley-taunt013.gif
Me too. HAAAAHAAAA
stirthepot.gif

Can you guys help me figure this genetic question out?

I have some first gen OEs that are Black Am x Marans; they are laying a nice olive egg for me. I have a Splash Cuckoo Marans boy that I am thinking of breeding them with. (I have soooo many black chickens here; some guaranteed blues would make me very happy.)

The question: will the resulting chicks be sexable at hatch? I believe that the roo is double barred (he's from your eggs, DM Rippy). All of the hens are black.

Thanks!!
No, a cuckoo roo will not make sexlink chicks. A cuckoo hen would. A cuckoo roo will give you 100% barred chicks..... the roos from that hatch would only have 1 copy of the barring gene and would throw some non barred chicks down the road.

Back
Top Bottom