The Olive-Egger thread!

I've got a couple really cool girls. I didnt hatch them but a friend of mine gave them to me. The first 2 are Egyptian Fayomi/Araucana crosses(papa was a red pyle araucana). One is rumpless, one isn't. Both have pea combs and the rumpless just started laying tiny blue eggs! They will both be worked into my olive egger pen(s) come spring.

Rumpless
IMG_6714_zps8c97223e.jpg

Rumpless
IMG_6710_zpsf3bb0915.jpg

The rumpless' first egg.
IMG_6629.jpg

Tailed pullet, not laying yet but so close.
IMG_6736_zps48896fe7.jpg

And this girl is half tolbunt polish/ half olive egger. Should start laying anyday now. She squatted for me today. She's awesome and even though she has a single comb I cannot wait to play around with her. Thinking about introducing dominant white whith a blue egg layer for some really cool lacing and to get the blue egg gene back in her. Pictures just dont do her justice. Her feathers are so shiny the camera hates taking pics of her.
IMG_6690_zps42352161.jpg
love.gif

What color do you think you will get with the GNH. I have a NH girl that lays pinkish color eggs, I wondered if it would make them pinker? I think I will throw a couple in with the next hatch.
I'm guessing a greenish egg. The one GNH egg I've gotten so far is not cream colored, but more like a very light marans egg. In other words, there's a red brown hue to it.

Last edited:
I've got a couple really cool girls. I didnt hatch them but a friend of mine gave them to me. The first 2 are Egyptian Fayomi/Araucana crosses(papa was a red pyle araucana). One is rumpless, one isn't. Both have pea combs and the rumpless just started laying tiny blue eggs! They will both be worked into my olive egger pen(s) come spring.

Rumpless
IMG_6714_zps8c97223e.jpg

Rumpless
IMG_6710_zpsf3bb0915.jpg

The rumpless' first egg.
IMG_6629.jpg

IMG_6736_zps48896fe7.jpg

And this girl is half tolbunt polish/ half olive egger. Should start laying anyday now. She squatted for me today. She's awesome and even though she has a single comb I cannot wait to play around with her. Thinking about introducing dominant white whith a blue egg layer for some really cool lacing and to get the blue egg gene back in her. Pictures just dont do her justice. Her feathers are so shiny the camera hates taking pics of her.
IMG_6690_zps42352161.jpg
Love the Egyptian Fayoni /Auacana mix

I just started gathering eggs for Olive Eggers and d'Uccles. Can't wait to fire up the incubator. My hens have been doing all the hatching this summer. It is getting colder so, no more broodies. I'm going to collect for 10 days and see what I have then set them.

I've got a couple really cool girls. I didnt hatch them but a friend of mine gave them to me. The first 2 are Egyptian Fayomi/Araucana crosses(papa was a red pyle araucana). One is rumpless, one isn't. Both have pea combs and the rumpless just started laying tiny blue eggs! They will both be worked into my olive egger pen(s) come spring. Rumpless
IMG_6714_zps8c97223e.jpg
Rumpless
IMG_6710_zpsf3bb0915.jpg
The rumpless' first egg.
IMG_6629.jpg
IMG_6736_zps48896fe7.jpg
IMG_6690_zps42352161.jpg
Love the Egyptian Fayoni /Auacana mix
X 2. Very cool birds!

glad to have found this thread; what fun to have different color eggs in the basket; sooo jealous of some of the egg pics I saw in the first couple of pages. I have four poults that had Welsummer mammas and an Americauna daddy. They all look like this one, more or less. One does have white legs instead of yellow, one's a bit redder in the breast, but basically the same. They are about 4 months old now. Awhile back I started noticing a difference in the combs; two were staying small and the other two looked like they were growing bigger, so I thought maybe they were roos. But now I'm thinking the difference might be just the difference between single comb and pea comb. Everybody is molty at my place right now, so hopefully will know soon if any are roos or if I possibly have 4 olive eggers.

glad to have found this thread; what fun to have different color eggs in the basket; sooo jealous of some of the egg pics I saw in the first couple of pages. I have four poults that had Welsummer mammas and an Americauna daddy.  They all look like this one, more or less. One does have white legs instead of yellow, one's a bit redder in the breast, but basically the same. They are about 4 months old now. Awhile back I started noticing a difference in the combs; two were staying small and the other two looked like they were growing bigger, so I thought maybe they were roos. But now I'm thinking the difference might be just the difference between single comb and pea comb. Everybody is molty at my place right now, so hopefully will know soon if any are roos or if I possibly have 4 olive eggers.

I did the same cross, but the roo was an EE. Only one hatched (that roo rarely produced a fertile egg) and miraculously, it was a pullet. She looks very much like yours, but with cheek tufts, and she lays a very nice khaki color.

Back
Top Bottom