The Olive-Egger thread!

I thought I would ask in this thread as well since its exclusively OE's. I have an OE ( Black Maran x Wheaten Ameraucana) that is about 7 week sold. I am afraid "she" is starting to look like a "he" Thoughts...

Quote:
This has crossed my mind. They have charts for Marans and Welsummers.
A chart with various shades of green to use while taking pics would give everyone who had the same chart a much better idea of what color egg pic really is....wouldn't even need to worry about lighting or calibration as long as charts were all printed by same printer for consistency.

Quote:
A chart with various shades of green to use while taking pics would give everyone who had the same chart a much better idea of what color egg pic really is....wouldn't even need to worry about lighting or calibration as long as charts were all printed by same printer for consistency.
There are probably some standard color charts (something that wouldn't be egg specific) available commercially too, I'm thinking a camera shop or printing facility would carry something like that.

I thought I would ask in this thread as well since its exclusively OE's. I have an OE ( Black Maran x Wheaten Ameraucana) that is about 7 week sold. I am afraid "she" is starting to look like a "he" Thoughts...

Do not give up yet. There are no pink wattles on that chick and I do not see three rows of peas--just some single ones in a modified comb.

With that combo, another thing to look for would be color spots on the wings.

Im holding out hope for sure! I picked her specifically because of her olive eggs. She has one black dot on one of her wings and a few very very faint black spots under her chest. I was just getting concerned about "her" tail feathers, they seem to be more wide than up and down and compared to my Cream Legbar slightly pointy. Thanks!

Quote:
There are probably some standard color charts (something that wouldn't be egg specific) available commercially too, I'm thinking a camera shop or printing facility would carry something like that.

I was thinking maybe a paint chart.

I let my Silkie hatch out some eggs for me, and I only got two chicks. Their parents are my EE cockerel Bandit that came from McMurray Hatchery and a Splash OE that came from a local backyarder. Since Bandit came from a hatchery, I don't know what his background is. I was told that the Splash OE is a Maran x Ameraucana, but I suspect the Ameraucana was just a hatchery EE.

Rooster Bandit

Hen Splash OE

The chicks are 4 weeks old here.

This one has a pea comb, and it's not very large, though it is wide.

This one here looks like he has a straight comb. Any idea what it would lay if it's a girl? I know it won't be blue/green. (Pay no mind to my DH. He's chasing a chick.
lol.png
)

Back
Top Bottom