The Olive-Egger thread!

beautiful bird!

whatever you cross with pure ameraucanas will lay blue/green eggs. I think you might get a nice rainbow of blue and green shades.
The problem is knowing if they are pure or not
I have a supposed pure but from a hatchery and her babies gave me brown eggs
So you never know until you test

The lavender Ameraucana is definitely pure, so I am hopeful for good results. I'll know what they lay in about 6 months, assuming some pullets hatch!

Anyone have ideas on sex for these three. They are 4 weeks old. All three are olive-eggers.

Black and white one looks like Cockeral. First red one looks like a pullet. Third one, I'm not sure. But it has a single comb, so it won't lay green eggs if it a pullet.

I am new to olive-eggers. I didn't know about the single comb. I keep getting told that they think all 3 are boys. I am going to be very sad if all three are boys. That would be some terrible luck.

I am new to olive-eggers. I didn't know about the single comb. I keep getting told that they think all 3 are boys. I am going to be very sad if all three are boys. That would be some terrible luck.

I am too, but the middle one has a small, light comb. So far, looks like a pullet. I hatched seven OE eggs and five look to be male. One is female and the one with the single comb looks to be female. I'll keep her, if she is. She will lay dark brown eggs.

Back
Top Bottom