The Olive-Egger thread!

I'm going to be setting these eggs along with a few more on Friday!
I'll be keeping these for my own flock. Keeping my fingers crossed that fertility is good. My roosters over my OE's are from the same line as the BCM eggs pictured here, so I'm hoping for really dark OE laying chicks. My OE hen now is an F2.

I am too, but the middle one has a small, light comb. So far, looks like a pullet. I hatched seven OE eggs and five look to be male. One is female and the one with the single comb looks to be female. I'll keep her, if she is. She will lay dark brown eggs.

I'm guessing one boy and one girl and I think it is possible the middle one is a girl but not sure. Somehow I think I missed something in this thread. All my OE's have single combs.
This year I'm using an Ameraucana rooster so I expect my offspring will look different.

I have a straight combed OE...very dark khaki egg, almost more brown than green, but base shell is blue....she does have muffs tho.

Cross from a Wellie cock over EE/amberlink cross, light olive laying hen.

Last edited:
I have a straight combed OE...very dark khaki egg, almost more brown than green, but base shell is blue....she does have muffs tho.

Cross from a Wellie cock over EE/amberlink cross, light olive laying hen.

Go to know. I was always told the the pea comb carried the trait. Looking forward to seeing if she is a pullet and what color she lays.

I am new to olive-eggers. I didn't know about the single comb. I keep getting told that they think all 3 are boys. I am going to be very sad if all three are boys. That would be some terrible luck.
1 is a girl for sure, black and white look like boy, the third one is hard to tell. I have a NN girl that had comb like that at 4 weeks.

if 1 of their parents was pure blue/green egg layer they all are OE.

They
1 is a girl for sure, black and white look like boy, the third one is hard to tell. I have a NN girl that had comb like that at 4 weeks.

if 1 of their parents was pure blue/green egg layer they all are OE.

The lady I got then from promises that they will all lay olive eggs. Fingers crossed!

Chick one was from one of my red based Dellie-Wellie Roos and likely a splashed Olive-Egger Hen
Chick two was from one of my white based Dellie-Wellie Roos and likely a blue with red bleed Olive-Egger Hen
Chick three was from my main Welsummer Roo and likely a lavender Olive-Egger Hen

Chick one was from one of my red based Dellie-Wellie Roos and likely a splashed Olive-Egger Hen
Chick two was from one of my white based Dellie-Wellie Roos and likely a blue with red bleed Olive-Egger Hen
Chick three was from my main Welsummer Roo and likely a lavender Olive-Egger Hen

They are not in the same order as the photos above

Back
Top Bottom