the pest is my neighbor

I am pretty sure Illinois is a "fence in" state, which means you have to keep your livestock on your land. "Fence out" states (not many left) would make it your neighbor's responsibility, but pretty sure that is not the case. Kind of interesting law, but mostly antiquated. Nowadays, our responsibility is to contain our livestock to our own property by reasonable means, otherwise we have legal liabilities. Chickens not so much, but bad things happen when large animals stray onto roads...

I view my chickens the same as any of my other animals in regards to the fact that I need to keep my animals on my property. I realize it may be considered inconvenient or too big of an expense to go to just for chickens....but I do think my birds should be kept at home just like my dogs, goats, horses, whatever I have. It just solves a whole lot of problems. Yes, the neighbor sounds rude and cranky but I just don't see any other way to solve a situation like this except for fencing the birds away from the driveway.

I view my chickens the same as any of my other animals in regards to the fact that I need to keep my animals on my property. I realize it may be considered inconvenient or too big of an expense to go to just for chickens....but I do think my birds should be kept at home just like my dogs, goats, horses, whatever I have. It just solves a whole lot of problems. Yes, the neighbor sounds rude and cranky but I just don't see any other way to solve a situation like this except for fencing the birds away from the driveway.

Agreed!

Back
Top Bottom