Morning everybody. Small duckling emergency this morning. It's South texas, who expected it to be cold in June. early morning rescue of yesterday's hatchlings. They were outside but 62 is too cold for the heat cave, so let's move the brooder in at 2 am. Then I discovered the bonus ducks shivering. Get out the extra heat cave and set it up. They've never seen one and must think it's a duck processing center. It's now 4 am and the cats and dogs want breakfast. Canning day again today and I have internal pips on my next batch. I'm exhausted and the sun's not up yet. And I added a new adult hen yesterday and need to go out to the barn and see how she faired the night. Oh and one of my hatching needs a hobble, so there is that to take care of. It will be my first time hobbling.
:frow Good morning Lisa, try so very hard to have a great day. You're starting with a very rough start though :hugs:hugs

Good morning people I hope every one has a nice day . I do have a question how do you stop a rooster from chasing me and any thing else . I tried every thing even beating him throwing things at him . he has gotten me couple of times he spurted my foot right through my good rubber boots put a hole in my foot . I have had enough I really don't wan t to cull him but what can I do.

Good morning people I hope every one has a nice day . I do have a question how do you stop a rooster from chasing me and any thing else . I tried every thing even beating him throwing things at him . he has gotten me couple of times he spurted my foot right through my good rubber boots put a hole in my foot . I have had enough I really don't wan t to cull him but what can I do.
I have a drake that hates me and only me but he's a good drake to the hen, so I put up with him. What does this rooster mean to the flock? I think that's what you use to decide. If I was evaluating on me I would smoke that turd. But my guy is so gentle with his hen that I keep him around. That's a quality hard to find and worth a few blood blisters. I don't get near him without a broom or some kind of protection device and I have tried pinning him, carrying him, holding his bill, etc, etc, he hates me. But for the good of the flock....

I have a drake that hates me and only me but he's a good drake to the hen, so I put up with him. What does this rooster mean to the flock? I think that's what you use to decide. If I was evaluating on me I would smoke that turd. But my guy is so gentle with his hen that I keep him around. That's a quality hard to find and worth a few blood blisters. I don't get near him without a broom or some kind of protection device and I have tried pinning him, carrying him, holding his bill, etc, etc, he hates me. But for the good of the flock....
Well he is good with with his girls he free ranges the other rooster has a flock but the are penned. Maybe I will give him another chance.

Attachments

• 20200507_075427.jpg
    20200507_075427.jpg
    780.2 KB · Views: 5
Canning day? I love how everyone does all their own food and preserves! Any pics of this canning?
What determines which flock free ranges? If I really wanted to keep that rooster (breeding flock) I would restrict him to an area so he couldn't run me down in the yard. Rakes and brooms can be handy. Even giant butterfly nets.

Back
Top Bottom