Good Morning, Day, Afternoon, Evening or Night to everybody on this beautiful blue marble planet! 🌎

So far I rate this week with two out of five stars, at least the order of the days of the week was correct…
46a5d373050b39ccd095197bfb0bd5b6.jpg

Hello! Have not been on in a while, so this is sort of random, lol.

Have a hatching duck, I'm pretty sure it's hatching the wrong way. Sadly, I cannot get pictures at this time but I can later if it's needed. It's been pipping for about 19ish hours with no progress, this is only my second time hatching ducks so anything helps really.

Hello! Have not been on in a while, so this is sort of random, lol.

Have a hatching duck, I'm pretty sure it's hatching the wrong way. Sadly, I cannot get pictures at this time but I can later if it's needed. It's been pipping for about 19ish hours with no progress, this is only my second time hatching ducks so anything helps really.
Maybe @Pyxis has some advice for you…
But definitely pictures are necessary!

Thank you! I'll try and get pics in a bit, very difficult since my hen decided to nest higher up and it's raining, lol.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886
Hopefully that link works. Up top of this article it will have three choices, article, review, gallery. In the gallery it has images of malpostion, shrink wrapped etc so hopefully that will be of help as to whats going on. I couldn't find the article I've followed before for assisted hatch but a speed read tells me this ones just as good.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886
Hopefully that link works. Up top of this article it will have three choices, article, review, gallery. In the gallery it has images of malpostion, shrink wrapped etc so hopefully that will be of help as to whats going on. I couldn't find the article I've followed before for assisted hatch but a speed read tells me this ones just as good.

That's my article :p

Pictures would be great. Ducklings also take a long time to hatch, so taking 19 hours is very normal, as long as it's just pipped and not stalled out in a zip. In fact, they can take up to 48 hours.

That's my article :p

Pictures would be great. Ducklings also take a long time to hatch, so taking 19 hours is very normal, as long as it's just pipped and not stalled out in a zip. In fact, they can take up to 48 hours.
Is it really? It's been a while, which I guess is a good thing since I've had to assist and there seems to be alot more articles on it now. I also agree with the ducklings taking their sweet time to hatch. Mine internally pip but won't normally be fully out for 3 or so days

Back
Top Bottom