I am using these traps, baited with peanut-butter or cat food:
View attachment 3782567
I have to dispose a dead mouse every two to three days but they keep coming. Buckets? I don't event have to bait the buckets, they just fall in on occasion. Same with cardboard boxes - i'm collecting the recyclables in the garage too.
I hope all will be better next week, when i evict the dux from the gardens and open up the whole property again for them. - Including their pond. Hopefully they will continue to lay their eggs in the house...
I have read that if we bait traps for mice we are actually attracting them by letting them smell food they love. That makes sense to me. That is why I don't bait anything but get the ultra sonic devices to drive them away. They absolutely love peanut butter so they might think you want them to come in or a delicious meal Frank, even if it might be their last one. lol

Unbroody Trudy had told me that today was going to be the day - but she spent all day walking around the yard instead! and is still at 5 eggs and holding - perhaps tomorrow ? I asked her what happened? She said "I lied"
she's a very sassy goose
I just saw a documentary about a wild goose that had made a nest. I saw that she had 6 eggs so maybe Trudy saw the same documentary and thinks, just one more! lol

I just saw a documentary about a wild goose that had made a nest. I saw that she had 6 eggs so maybe Trudy saw the same documentary and thinks, just one more! lol
I laughed out loud when i read this, but then i remembered my time with Blanca Duck this winter:
Every evening after her physical-therapy in the bathtub we sat down together in front of my computer and watched a duck-video and she recognized her sisters Pompom and Pinball Duck in the videos. She got all excited about little ducklings running around in the house and looked under the table if the ducklings are still there.
Who knows what Trudy has seen and to whom she talked…

I have read that if we bait traps for mice we are actually attracting them by letting them smell food they love. That makes sense to me. That is why I don't bait anything but get the ultra sonic devices to drive them away. They absolutely love peanut butter so they might think you want them to come in or a delicious meal Frank, even if it might be their last one. lol
Cornmeal and baking soda mixed and set out will get them taken care of.

Cornmeal and baking soda mixed and set out will get them taken care of.
How? - Fart of death?
full

I have mice here that chewed through a plastic bag of bran to eat that. They ate the Styrofoam blocks i kept in the garage for future projects. I would not be surprised if they have started to eat the cinder-blocks...

How? - Fart of death?
full

I have mice here that chewed through a plastic bag of bran to eat that. They ate the Styrofoam blocks i kept in the garage for future projects. I would not be surprised if they have started to eat the cinder-blocks...
They can’t fart or burp.

I have never eaten a purple potatoe, i am trying to grow them since two years, i started in 2021 with just six potatoes, harvested about 25 but they were all small due to excessive rainfall in that year. In 2022 i re-planted all of them and many did not develop into plants, so i ended up with about 30 tubers, which i planted last year. - During the duckling flood i was unable to weed out the potato patch so it was overgrown and i had a slim harvest. So this year it is 3 rows with 14 plants each, i vowed to keep the weeds small (no ducklings this year, the CCI is on the top-shelf in the garage, i need to climb up a rope to get to it…). And the soil has improved a lot since last year, so if they don't produce this year, i will abandon them… I expect at least 30lbs!
Question: how does one store potatoes to replant?

Back
Top Bottom