The Sizzle Thread!

You know, I was thinking, they might just be frizzled Silkies. I have one in my brooder right now that's a frizzled Silkie, but its feathering out like yours. At first I though it was normal feathered, but now I'm sure its got Silkie feathers.
I know with normal frizzles, the "quality" of the frizzling can vary. Its probably the same with silkied feathers. My other frizzled Silkie is very subtle, its hard to even see that she is.

I just put 25 Silkie/Sizzle eggs in my bator. My Sizzles are finally separated into their breeding pens, so I'm excited to see how things turn out this time. I'm hoping for a lot more frizzles, so I can compare frizzling;)

Edited to add this: My Sizzle cockerel is sort of feathered the same way, I didn't even notice it until I went down to thaw out waterers today. He kind of looks silkied and sizzled too :confused:

Last edited:

She is a smooth sizzle... can you tell what color she is? I think I might have a splash curly sizzle rooster... I was thinking about pairing them up...
the only other rooster choices I have is a black sizzle.

Is that penciling I see on her wings? If so, you could probably call her blue partridge.
You could put her with either rooster. The splash will give you blue and splash chicks, the black will give blue and black. The chicks may have leakage/penciling since she doesn't appear to be a pure blue.

She's very pretty!

I've never shipped live chickens before. I bought two from California, shipped to KY. It took three days (supposed to have been two days)
they were very thirsty. They drank and drank and then vomited the water.
They did fine afterwards and are healthy adults.
It was expensive to ship too, approx. $50.00.
I don't think I am ready for that but...

In the spring I might sell eggs. I will have 5 different pens of sizzles of varying colors.

Is that penciling I see on her wings? If so, you could probably call her blue partridge.
You could put her with either rooster. The splash will give you blue and splash chicks, the black will give blue and black. The chicks may have leakage/penciling since she doesn't appear to be a pure blue.

She's very pretty!
She looks like one I've had before that was blue barred. Very, very subtle, but you could really see it in her kids and as a chick.

Here she is (right) She is not a full sizzle of course.. She has some barred rock in her. I have no idea how this happened. I think the father only had one barring copy?

As a chick.

here are a few photos of my new sizzles and sizzle showgirls. these are the first ever eggs i bought by mail and i had multiple incubator issues on top of separated air cells. all eggs needed assisted hatching and one baby (the one with the blanket over its head) was found cold and flattened into the bedding near the food dish but i was able to revive the little 'guy'.

this one has a huge domed skull!

Back
Top Bottom