The Sizzle Thread!

Pics
he's not ideal but if he's all you have you just have some extra work ahead of you. breed him to a silkie and select for walnut combs, don't keep back anything with a straight comb unless it's outstanding in every other way.

My sizzle roo has a small spiky black comb, not a walnut one. Does that mean he is not good for breeding?

We had sizes ranging from larger chickens like Orpingotns and Brahmas with our Sizles Silkies and bantoms, we even have 2 turkeys with then and have very few problems, you have to watch for any one getting bulled or being overly agressive to the others. We did find mixing small flocks in groups worked prety well but trying to put a single bird in was difficult..

Quick question

If my silkie hen could have frizzle genes in her can I still breed to my sizzle roo?

I'm not sure she wasn't from the same batch as him but just came out a silkie. Which also means could be brother and sister.

Not sure if its only two birds showing the frizzled gene would give me possible frazzles or if the recessive gene could be there and do the same thing?

Last edited:
Can anyone show me a week old sizzle or frizzle chick? I have ameraucana chicks and 1 looks like it could be a sizzle or a frizzle but I'm not sure. My camera was to dead to get a picture but I will try tomorrow.

if one doesn't show the frizzlinng, my thought is it's fine to cross them. it's when they both are frizzled you don't want to cross them.
Quick question

If my silkie hen could have frizzle genes in her can I still breed to my sizzle roo?

I'm not sure she wasn't from the same batch as him but just came out a silkie. Which also means could be brother and sister.

Not sure if its only two birds showing the frizzled gene would give me possible frazzles or if the recessive gene could be there and do the same thing?

Thankyou!

Is it easy to tell if you have a frizzled silkie? Mine is basically a ball of fluff so nothing looks frizzled till you get to the tail and wing feathers and then I'm not so sure. It doesn't obviously look curled like the sizzles though. Those longer feathers just look kinda messy I guess.

And the possible brother/sister doesn't matter?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom