The Sizzle Thread!

Pics
Thanks! I do very little Sizzle breeding compared to Frizzles and bantam Cochins that I breed. I hatch almost 1000 eggs a year from my projects but the Sizzles do not sell nearly so well and I wind up covered in them if I hatch out too many. I select what I need to improve on my projects and sell the rest. I also sell hatching eggs a lot. For some reason Sizzles do not seem to move as well as Frizzles. Here is my Silkied Sizzle Frizzle Cochin roo (LOL) that I am working with now. He came out of Sizzle breeding but carries more Cochin characteristics. He is a stepping stone in more advanced breeding plans, which is why he is paired with a smokey blue Cochin hen. Both are all my breeding for several generations.
You can send a few of your extra girl sizzles to me. I've been looking for some in my area with no luck. You birds are very pretty. I just got lucky buying a few chicks that were suppose to be ameraucanas and I ended up with a frizzle, quickly becoming a favorite at my house. Here is a picture of it, I think its 3 weeks old. It's not the best shot of the chick but you can see how frizzles it is.

Hi All,
I don't get much time to post but I've been trying my best to keep up with this thread. I am really impressed with all the Sizzle lovers & breeders on here & I love seeing the pictures of all the beautiful Sizzles.
I don't know if any of you have reached the point of showing your Sizzles but I've been showing my cuties for about 4 years now & having a ball while doing it. I love all the attention the Sizzles get & the great comments people make. Just wanted to let all you Sizzle lovers know that my Sizzles & Frizzled Silkies have gotten a great start for the 2013 show season - doing great at all the shows, including the Western Nationals at Stockton in Jan. Of course, my birds were the only ones competing ;-), but...I took only my best SQ birds & none of them had any faults so I figure they deserved their ribbons. PLUS...this year the judges really took notice & I got some great comments - written on the coop cards & also in person. I got a lot of "++ type" written on the cards & 1 judge even commented that - had my Sizzles been Silkies, they could easily have gone BB - they scored that well. Now THAT was worth more than any ribbons or trophies. Hmm. Maybe I can comb them out & use a straightener for the next show! The star of the show was "Swiffer" my silver blue Sizzle. Everyone seemed to love him. Thanks to him, I sold out of all my Sizzle chicks & I have a waiting list for chicks & hatching eggs. Two last brags & then I'll post some pictures. A Sizzle pullet from my line, hatched from eggs that I sold, recently sold on Poultry Bid for $225!! Of course, I didn't get the money, but luckily, I've hatched out & kept about 20 more just like her so if money gets any tighter, you may see a couple of them up for auction. Then, the frosting on the cake was having my Sizzles featured in an article in an issue of Hobby Farm Magazine. What a great start for 2013!! Sorry for all the bragging, but I'm just really excited. I've worked long & hard on this Sizzle project for over 14 gen. now & it's really nice to get some recognition for this unique breed.

Here is Swiffer & some of my other Sizzles.

Terrible picture of this hen but the judges seem to love her & she usually gets BV.

The rest of these pullets are only 4-5 mo & too young for nationals but I hope to show them later this year.

Birchin Sizzle

Smooth Sizzle hen

Thanks for reading my ramblings.
Sheri/Country

Hi All,
I don't get much time to post but I've been trying my best to keep up with this thread. I am really impressed with all the Sizzle lovers & breeders on here & I love seeing the pictures of all the beautiful Sizzles.
I don't know if any of you have reached the point of showing your Sizzles but I've been showing my cuties for about 4 years now & having a ball while doing it. I love all the attention the Sizzles get & the great comments people make. Just wanted to let all you Sizzle lovers know that my Sizzles & Frizzled Silkies have gotten a great start for the 2013 show season - doing great at all the shows, including the Western Nationals at Stockton in Jan. Of course, my birds were the only ones competing ;-), but...I took only my best SQ birds & none of them had any faults so I figure they deserved their ribbons. PLUS...this year the judges really took notice & I got some great comments - written on the coop cards & also in person. I got a lot of "++ type" written on the cards & 1 judge even commented that - had my Sizzles been Silkies, they could easily have gone BB - they scored that well. Now THAT was worth more than any ribbons or trophies. Hmm. Maybe I can comb them out & use a straightener for the next show! The star of the show was "Swiffer" my silver blue Sizzle. Everyone seemed to love him. Thanks to him, I sold out of all my Sizzle chicks & I have a waiting list for chicks & hatching eggs. Two last brags & then I'll post some pictures. A Sizzle pullet from my line, hatched from eggs that I sold, recently sold on Poultry Bid for $225!! Of course, I didn't get the money, but luckily, I've hatched out & kept about 20 more just like her so if money gets any tighter, you may see a couple of them up for auction. Then, the frosting on the cake was having my Sizzles featured in an article in an issue of Hobby Farm Magazine. What a great start for 2013!! Sorry for all the bragging, but I'm just really excited. I've worked long & hard on this Sizzle project for over 14 gen. now & it's really nice to get some recognition for this unique breed.

Here is Swiffer & some of my other Sizzles.

Terrible picture of this hen but the judges seem to love her & she usually gets BV.

The rest of these pullets are only 4-5 mo & too young for nationals but I hope to show them later this year.

Birchin Sizzle

Smooth Sizzle hen

Thanks for reading my ramblings.
Sheri/Country
Beautiful birds!

you can show any color of silkie, you can even name a color if it's new. the only thing is, if its not one of the 7 approved colors, then they show as any other variety (AOV) and can only win best of variety, nothing more, no best breed, no best in show.
approved colors that can win up to best in show are black, blue, splash, white,buff, partridge and gray.

cool!!! hey can u tell me what silkie colors u cannot show?

This is probably a dumb question but apologies in advance. Have a hen that hatched with 5 toes but lost one to an infection.

Does that automatically disqualify her?

Back
Top Bottom