The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

Pics
ok, allow me to show you my roo. ive shown him before, but since you havent seen any roos then you must not have seen my pictures.
Thanks for posting again I did miss him in the past post! I thing thats the only roo I have seen. I wouldnt be able to tell from the comb or waddles because both of my girls have huge red ones. But I know they are both girls because they are both laying as we speak lol.

But thanks again he is a pretty handsome boy!

I am wondering if anyone has hatched 2nd gen tetra tints? Did they breed true or are they like tomatoes cant save the seed of a hybrid.

Thanks for posting again I did miss him in the past post! I thing thats the only roo I have seen. I wouldnt be able to tell from the comb or waddles because both of my girls have huge red ones. But I know they are both girls because they are both laying as we speak lol.

But thanks again he is a pretty handsome boy!

I am wondering if anyone has hatched 2nd gen tetra tints? Did they breed true or are they like tomatoes cant save the seed of a hybrid.

nope won't breed true. they are hybrids. I would like to find a tetra roo just to see what kinda mutts they would be.

oh my gosh..YES...i got my first egg from one of my tints!!!,,,i think she is only 17 weeks...(unless the guy i got them from was wrong about the age)....it was a tiny, but perfect egg!!!!....very light beige...almost white egg!

ya congrats on eggies. Yoie very very cute love those feet, did Tetra start to molt? I have one that is in a heavy molt she is just about naked and one that is starting.

Give them time because I have 5 hens which looked like hens at 11 weeks old and they got around 15 and got big combs and waddles and then I thought they were roosters and then I got eggs at 17 weeks haha They are very tricky little creatures :)

your right about them being tricky lilywhite.....i thought one of mine was a rooster....but she is not laying a nice beige egg...she is the one that loos "dirty".....the one that is almost all white lay an almost white egg, it only has a hint of color to it.........its funny to see the different color eggs each chicken will lay

I'm driving myself nuts checking for eggs several times a day, but still nothing. They're almost 17 weeks old, I wish they would get on with it already.

This is the one I posted a picture of a few weeks ago convinced it was a rooster because of the pointy tail feathers. Now after molting she is sporting some very un-pointy tail feathers (what a relief!)

This is my candidate for "most likely to lay the first egg". She did the egg squat when I petted her several times today.

I just know they are waiting until I go out of town in a few weeks so they can dazzle the pet sitter with the joy of finding the first egg.

Back
Top Bottom