The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

Pics
I wound up with two tetra tints from TSC and one of mine has the rust colored lacing on its chest like Tetra. I assumed he must be male b/c of the "rule" of red and other colors on the chest and wings. Does this "rule" not hold true for tetra tints. It's 13 weeks old and comb is still small and pink...still hoping for a hen.

Nope does not apply to these chickens. I had a one with brown/red leakage on the wings. It was a hen. They also have very large wattles and combs.

My tetra tints are about 4 months old, they are white with a little yellow on them. we have 4. They are very smart to me, and a little agressive, but funny. When I come out with some bread to feed them, the tetras will actually pull on my robe, like a little kid....more mommy! they are the ones that will go for the whole piece of bread in my hand! They are mixed with red sex links and 3 bantams. all get along fine. waiting for the eggs to come next.

I got my chicks from tractor supply as well. I got 2 red pullets (mix between RIR and Columbian I think) and 4 white rocks. One of my white rocks turns out to be a mystery chick. I need to figure out how to post a picture. I think it may be a tetra tint. My first guess was that it was a red sex link cockrel that got mixed in with the white pullets by mistake. It just does not seem like a rooster and at around 10 weeks wouldn't it start to look less hen like? I am so confused. It started developing cream colored feathers with little bits of brown splashes on its tail around 3 weeks ago. I almost gave it away thinking it was a third rooster but maybe I should wait a little longer.

I have a Tetra Miss Amelia. And shes my favorite out of my girls. Shhhh dont tell them. I got mine from TRactor supply .. 1 tetra ..2 reds and a silkie mix ....She is full of personality and is goofy. The troublemaker of the bunch :) half of her is white and the other half is white with black feathers.. I call her my lil Appy :) i will hav to post pics of her someday. Ok im done braggn about my lil tetra :)

I just found this thread. We purchased 5 Tetra Tint pullets from TSC back in mid March. They are just now 4 months and already 2 of them are laying. I have to say, this is my favorite breed in the barn right now! They are so sweet and interactive! I'm headed to the barn now for more pics. This one is not current but too cute!

Sleepy girl

I agree I have two and I love them. Amelia and Orville. Thy always want attention. By far my favorite.

Saw this thread i actually have hatched some tetra tints. Cross between my leghorn hen and my rir roo i hatched 4 total 2 hens and 2 roos

I just purchased 16 of these little cuties... did not know anything about them... so thank you for the information. :)

Have you noticed if tetra tint chicks like cooler temps in the brooder? Mine do not really get near the light they stay on the outside of the brooder away from the light.

Back
Top Bottom