The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

Pics
Hi every one, thought I would stop by here because today I just got 6 tetra tints to go along with my 3 golden comets and 3 red sex link girls. These are my first ever chickens and all only 2-3 weeks old so other then pictures I dont have any info to offer on them.

Just got home with them.
They seem to get along awesome with the others, what i think is odd is that they seem larger then the others altho they are a week younger.

you can go to this ohio hatchery to see their site on tetras http:bentahan.com they have their colors as white or beige and white mix

I was told the Terta Tints and have read elsewhere are RIR and Leghorn hybrid ...I just got 4 TT chicks today to go with my 6 red sexlinks.
They seem really sweet.

Last edited:
I was told the Terta Tints I was told and have read elsewhere are RIR and Leghorn hybrid ...I just got 4 TT chicks today to go with my 6 red sexlinks.
They seem really sweet.

Babolna Tetra is a large eastern European commercial poultry corporation that develops commercial hybrid birds.

http://www.babolnatetra.com/termekek_en.html

The Tint is just one of their commercial layer products.

I really like my T T started out with 6 lost 4 to egg laying complications. One thing you have to remember these are COMMERCIAL productions birds. Bred to lay which means complications. If I was to have an egg business these would be the birds to get. Extra large to jumbo+ size eggs great feed conversion and they love to forage on the go constantly. They did real well with confinement over the winter months no picking or bickering. Had one go broody which was odd seeing how they are a production bird. Try to remember these are production birds. bred to lay for 1 or 2 yrs. My surviving 2 or now 3yrs old and both have quit laying. I am sure that are some out there that are still laying at 3yrs.
mine are great temparent wise easy going had one moochie one that like to hang out with me.

I really like my T T started out with 6 lost 4 to egg laying complications. One thing you have to remember these are COMMERCIAL productions birds. Bred to lay which means complications. If I was to have an egg business these would be the birds to get. Extra large to jumbo+ size eggs great feed conversion and they love to forage on the go constantly. They did real well with confinement over the winter months no picking or bickering. Had one go broody which was odd seeing how they are a production bird. Try to remember these are production birds. bred to lay for 1 or 2 yrs. My surviving 2 or now 3yrs old and both have quit laying. I am sure that are some out there that are still laying at 3yrs.
mine are great temparent wise easy going had one moochie one that like to hang out with me.

We always used to use Isa Browns for much the same reasons. Eggs. Lots of them. Your insights to these commercial birds is spot on the money.

We always used to use Isa Browns for much the same reasons.  Eggs.  Lots of them.  Your insights to these commercial birds is spot on the money.

Fred do use the all in all out approach with your Isa Browns? and what do you do with spent layers? Is there any threads on BYC that discuss these topics. Selling eggs in the area where I live is a task seems everyone has a backyard flock.
I do try to keep up with the heritage thread some day I will own good birds....some day.

Fred do use the all in all out approach with your Isa Browns? and what do you do with spent layers? Is there any threads on BYC that discuss these topics. Selling eggs in the area where I live is a task seems everyone has a backyard flock.
I do try to keep up with the heritage thread some day I will own good birds....some day.

We surrendered on the egg business, (it was never enormous) a few years back. We'd make more money asking customers if they want to super size their order than selling 10-20 dozen eggs per week. LOL

We did 50% turn over. Half the winter's layers were spring pullets in ferocious lay and 50% were birds were a bit over a year old and still laying well. By year 3, so many birds would contract ovarian, oviduct, water swelling or were barren issues that it made no sense to keep them in the layer group.

Eat them. We did. There's nothing on them, to speak off, but still made excellent soup and you can pull off the meat bits and they're tasty enough, what there is.

We surrendered on the egg business, (it was never enormous) a few years back.  We'd make more money asking customers if they want to super size their order than selling 10-20 dozen eggs per week.  LOL

We did 50% turn over. Half the winter's layers were spring pullets in ferocious lay and 50% were birds were a bit over a year old and still laying well.  By year 3, so many birds would contract ovarian, oviduct, water swelling or were barren issues that it made no sense to keep them in the layer group.

Eat them.  We did.  There's nothing on them, to speak off, but still made excellent soup and you can pull off the meat bits and they're tasty enough, what there is.

i thought about eating them they sure are some skinny birds compared to the hog butt speckled sussexs I have now.

Back
Top Bottom