The Tetra Tint thread.. (Photos, info) ❤

Pics
I'm so glad to hear you are breeding your tetra links, I thought being productions, they would be sterile

You are correct. I breed my tetras to a heritage rir and also had several black with red highlights in neck throat and chest area. The look like a black star.the rest mostly white with red highlights. I did have a few that looked like comets and one that was a solid buff.

I was happy with them terrific layers friendly good forragers.Laying is about 2 and half years. If you discount for growing period. They start laying around 4 months

Ok I have a dumb question, how long do other chickens lay? And am I correct the tetra lay for only about 2 yrs? One other thing my tetras are always making pepping sounds now we are stating to hear a funny sound from one think its a roo? They are only 4 weeks old and still in the house so we can hear them.

Would anyone please guess if any of my tetras are roos .I cannot tell. Whats the name of the brown chicken in the last pic?

Ok I have a dumb question, how long do other chickens lay? And am I correct the tetra lay for only about 2 yrs? One other thing my tetras are always making pepping sounds now we are stating to hear a funny sound from one think its a roo? They are only 4 weeks old and still in the house so we can hear them.
yep they lay for around two years maybe more but I can't imagine them going for years and years. They are just changing from baby chirping noise to their big girl voices. They make all sorts of noises.
Would anyone please guess if any of my tetras are roos .I cannot tell. Whats the name of the brown chicken in the last pic?
They all look like pullets to me. Keep an eye on the feathers around their necks(hackles) and right before the tail area(saddle) boys feathers come to a point in these areas where the girls feathers are round like a spoon Brown chicken in the last picture looks like a golden comet.

Thank you so much for the info. I am trying to learn all I can about the chickens there is so much to learn.I love having them they are so much fun just to watch.My golden comets will be a year this month so I purchased the terra this year. I am now up to 18 and would have a lot more but husband keeps me under control. lol
old.gif

Just butting in here. I got 3 tetra pullets this spring (hatched 3/18). 2/3 of them are like puppies, they're so friendly! I've had production reds in the past & also got 3 golden comets the same day as the tetras, and they're not nearly as friendly. I'm excited about my new girls!

Back
Top Bottom