The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

Pics

fluffycrow

Chasing broodies
Premium Feather Member
Jan 12, 2023
Attica Greece
The time has arrived, and you don't know how happy I am! Lady Gaga is back in with his serama girls!

I watched them carefully until I made sure he bred all of them, to avoid any potential discrimination when it comes to which girl gets to feed.

The plan is this: wait 2 more weeks for them to settle into a routine, have many successful matings, and give some more time for the girls to really up their laying game, after a winter of not laying anything. Then, for ten days I will be collecting eggs. Hopefully we reach at least 20 eggs, but my guess is around 15 or less (oh well, the pain of only having three serama pullets). That should bring us to about the middle of the first week of April, at which point I'll be setting eggs in my incubator, lovingly called Electric Lady. That's about it!

@TwoCrows @WoDia @tlcmurphy @2ndTink @Debbie292d @CoopBoots @Antiocheggers @SwampPrincessChick @Sally PB @Chive @ElfenLied89 @GreenJay @LTAY1946 @EEforMe come join peeps! I bet I've forgotten a bunch of you, so sincere apologies if I have

The time has arrived, and you don't know how happy I am! Lady Gaga is back in with his serama girls!

I watched them carefully until I made sure he bred all of them, to avoid any potential discrimination when it comes to which girl gets to feed.

The plan is this: wait 2 more weeks for them to settle into a routine, have many successful matings, and give some more time for the girls to really up their laying game, after a winter of not laying anything. Then, for ten days I will be collecting eggs. Hopefully we reach at least 20 eggs, but my guess is around 15 or less (oh well, the pain of only having three serama pullets). That should bring us to about the middle of the first week of April, at which point I'll be setting eggs in my incubator, lovingly called Electric Lady. That's about it!

@TwoCrows @WoDia @tlcmurphy @2ndTink @Debbie292d @CoopBoots @Antiocheggers @SwampPrincessChick @Sally PB @Chive @ElfenLied89 @GreenJay @LTAY1946 @EEforMe come join peeps! I bet I've forgotten a bunch of you, so sincere apologies if I have
Get that Electric Lady up and running!!!! Go Gaga!!!! ❤️

Thanks for the tag! :highfive: :hugs

Oh I am so egg-cited for you!
yippiechickie.gif
:bun The Serama is so cute and adorable, ❤ and I know you are in love with the breed! I will be following along and send great hatching vibes your way! :fl :pop

Get that Electric Lady up and running!!!! Go Gaga!!!! ❤️

Gaga can definitely get it going! His fertilisation and performance rates are the highest out of all the males here! He fathered 14 chicks, 12 of which made it to adulthood! Which reminds me... I forgot you pipd @pipdzipdnreadytogo

Thanks for the tag! :highfive: :hugs

Oh I am so egg-cited for you! View attachment 3768518 :bun The Serama is so cute and adorable, ❤ and I know you are in love with the breed! I will be following along and send great hatching vibes your way! :fl :pop

Thank you so much! I'll gladly accept any hatching vibes, and any hatching advice, I'm so nervous my hatch rates will be terrible! I truly love this breed, I have not met a single person who has not been enamored by their grace, their cuteness, their personality, their beauty; and especially for people in warm climates, serama give so much, but ask for very little in return!

:highfive: thanks for the tag! 🥰

:wee:ya Seramas!!!!! :ya
Soooo cute! Can't wait! :pop

Please refresh my memory with pictures of the contestants 😁

Back
Top Bottom