The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

Try hatching duckling. Now THAT is stressful. They can take up to 48 hours after initial pip to finally hatch!

Nuh uh. Not doing that to myself. The scovies (if I get any) will be broody hatches only. Can't wait THAT long. Actually, that popcorn hatching @TwoCrows was talking about with the bobwhites seems so enticing right now...

Nuh uh. Not doing that to myself. The scovies (if I get any) will be broody hatches only. Can't wait THAT long. Actually, that popcorn hatching @TwoCrows was talking about with the bobwhites seems so enticing right now...
That's one really nice thing about quail, when they decide it's time to hatch, it becomes go time fast! You can see their little egg tooth popping out very rhythmically about every second or two, going completely around the entire egg and they don't stop at all until they have carved the egg top off! 🤣

Congrats on the baby Serama Fluffy! :wee

Thank you! We've had a pure Tsouloufati hatch since then (number 19) as well! That one was actually being trampled while it was hatching. Still in fetal position, and it had two chicks standing on it, and one pecking it. Those brahma mixes are relentless🤣

Thank you! We've had a pure Tsouloufati hatch since then (number 19) as well! That one was actually being trampled while it was hatching. Still in fetal position, and it had two chicks standing on it, and one pecking it. Those brahma mixes are relentless🤣
Big brutes is what they are! 😂

That's one really nice thing about quail, when they decide it's time to hatch, it becomes go time fast! You can see their little egg tooth popping out very rhythmically about every second or two, going completely around the entire egg and they don't stop at all until they have carved the egg top off! 🤣

Mine take a bit longer, but once they've started zipping it's rather fast. What's really slow is the part until the start to zip!

Back
Top Bottom