Ended The Ultimate Egg Dish Challenge

Omg I'm going to have to do this. Thing is... I ate my PERFECT fried egg this morning...

S'pose I'm going to do tomato eggs someday, and when I have tomatoes. @oldhenlikesdogs when does the contest end and when did it start?
It started on May 11, and runs until June 30. :)

That sounds spectacular. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I will have to try this one. :)
Do it! Mac & cheese made with a béchamel sauce is always great too, but this type just hits different. I like it because it's so ridiculously simple and quick to throw together. Easy to tweak with variations too. One of the best aspects of this type is that it sets up enough that you hold a chunk in your hand to eat it :bun

I call this my Stoplight Frittata. (Red, Yellow and Green.)
IMG_3527.JPG

So many decisions, but I think this one's a good one for Entry 4

"Loco Moco"

Basic ingredients: white rice, hamburger patties, brown gravy, runny egg

My version is what I call "loose style" (making a meat gravy, instead of hamburger patties and separate brown gravy): sauté diced onions, minced garlic and 1-2lbs ground beef (I often also add diced carrots and sliced mushrooms if I have them, they're included in the pictured version). When the meat is browned, sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons flour evenly over everything, stir up and cook another minute or two. Stir in 2-3 spoons of Better Than Bouillon beef flavor. Add 2-3c water or broth, stir slowly at first so flour doesn't clump, make it as thin/thick as you like (sometimes I'll also add a cornstarch slurry). Near the end I add some dark soy sauce for darker color of the gravy and for umami flavor. Always serve over white rice and a "poppy egg" on top.

View attachment 3510021

Same dish, different execution:
View attachment 3510029
It’s official, I am now hungry 😁
Those look great!

Back
Top Bottom